GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spawn in Soul Caliber 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Soul Calibur 2'.
Sat 18/01/03 at 14:18
Regular
I know this news is a few days old now, but I was looking at the screenshots of the extra character each format gets and I'm pretty happy that we get Spawn. Out of the 3 characters, in my opinion he looks the most suited of the three to the game.
Heihachi has no weapon by the looks of it, so quite how he's supposed to block blade weapons should be interesting to see. ;-)
And as for Link, he has his sword and shield, but an Elf just looks a little out of place whereas Spawn looks similar to the character catagory of types like Nightmare.

I wasn't too sure about Spawn at first, but after seeing a screenshot of him, he looks very impressive and by the looks of it has a ring style weapon which looks pretty good. :-)

Overall I think Heihachi has to be the character that looks most out of place as it just seems a total mismatch with the guy just being plucked straight from Tekken with no weapons. Maybe he will have a weapon though, I guess we'll see soon. ;-)
Sun 19/01/03 at 13:59
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well if theres a real link between X-Box and Spawn, it'll really be that its a Western console with a Western made character. Personally I'm more than happy that Master Chief isn't in Soul Caliber 2 as that would look ridiculously out of place.
Master Chief is an excellent character - one of my all time favourites, but he really wouldn't look good in Soul Caliber 2.
Sun 19/01/03 at 11:21
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
To be honest, I really cant see the connection between Spawn and XBox!! I mean, Link = Nintendo, and Hitachi = PS2...... Spawn = XBox???!!!?? ... erm, please enlighten me.

I think it would be well cool to have Master Chief in Soul Calibur 2, with the plasma sword!!!!!!! Now that would be a great link to XBox and it would be sooo cool!!!
Sat 18/01/03 at 23:58
Regular
Not really, he just has pointy ears. Lots of fantasy/sci-fi races have pointy ears.

No other Elven charateristics have carried across.
Sat 18/01/03 at 23:04
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Whitestripes wrote:
> And he wears tights, and he isn't an Elf.

Alright he's a rip off of an elf. ;-)
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:55
Regular
It's hip to be square.
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:28
Regular
He's always worn tights, but they are cool tights.
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:18
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> And he wears tights

Oooo-er. Cross dressed linky-boy ey?
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:01
Regular
But Link has the hookshot :D

And he wears tights, and he isn't an Elf.
Sat 18/01/03 at 14:23
"Uzi Lover"
Heihachi does look the most out of place.

Spawn looks pretty in place and he reminded me of Voldo for some reason from the screenshot I saw.

Link, the elf part don't relly fit well with the game but he's got a Sword so you know. In a video clip I saw Link takes hold of an enemy throws them up and fires an arrow at them. That seemed out of place a little bit.

But yeah, out of the three I'd take the Cube version. Firstly because I own a Cube and a PS2 and not an Xbox and secondly because I'd like to see how well they've done in putting Link into a game like this. It's certainly not going to be no Smash Bros.
Sat 18/01/03 at 14:18
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I know this news is a few days old now, but I was looking at the screenshots of the extra character each format gets and I'm pretty happy that we get Spawn. Out of the 3 characters, in my opinion he looks the most suited of the three to the game.
Heihachi has no weapon by the looks of it, so quite how he's supposed to block blade weapons should be interesting to see. ;-)
And as for Link, he has his sword and shield, but an Elf just looks a little out of place whereas Spawn looks similar to the character catagory of types like Nightmare.

I wasn't too sure about Spawn at first, but after seeing a screenshot of him, he looks very impressive and by the looks of it has a ring style weapon which looks pretty good. :-)

Overall I think Heihachi has to be the character that looks most out of place as it just seems a total mismatch with the guy just being plucked straight from Tekken with no weapons. Maybe he will have a weapon though, I guess we'll see soon. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.