GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"System Cases..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/01/02 at 10:12
Regular
... yep, me again :o)

I don't know a hell of a lot on the subject I've been given, so I'll ask you fine people here :o)

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Tower and Desktop type cases???

Once again, thank you for your help :o)
Fri 25/01/02 at 20:06
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Tower cases are a lot easier to get to the back off. And to cool, and to fit extra goodies.

They look cool. And.. they are good?
Fri 25/01/02 at 16:25
Regular
"How Handy."
Some desktop cases wont take full size cards (such as the newer graphics cards etc.).
Fri 25/01/02 at 16:17
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Heh, tower cases rule. Buy one, mod it, make everyone go "ooh" at pretty lights...I've always used towers at home since our 286, good airflow, easy for window mods, plenty of space for drives...desktops are generally used in offices and places where desk space is important, but drives have to be easily accessible - plonk it under the monitor.
Fri 25/01/02 at 08:02
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The also look sexier.

There are other types of "case" as well you know, try www.kustompcs.co.uk
Thu 24/01/02 at 23:07
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Tower cases are better for more cold air, cd drives, more hdds, pretty much just more space, they look a lot nicer, I think they're a lt cheaper than desktops as more of them are made, i'd have to check that though.
Thu 24/01/02 at 21:18
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
My view is that its entirely an issue of practicality - my preference is for a tower because it saves space on the desk surface. If you're talking PC innards and whether there's any difference, I doubt it, but then someone else is bound to know otherwise. Maybe Linux runs better on a desktop case?
Thu 24/01/02 at 19:09
Regular
they come with PSU about 300 W some of them.. just check.
Thu 24/01/02 at 10:12
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
... yep, me again :o)

I don't know a hell of a lot on the subject I've been given, so I'll ask you fine people here :o)

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Tower and Desktop type cases???

Once again, thank you for your help :o)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.