GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email account changes? The end of 'SR' numbers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/01/12 at 17:50
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
I've only just found out that the normal 'sr' prefixed email account names have been changed to [email protected] etc.

Quite a big change as these have been in place for so many years...

FWIW I would be very happy to read about changes like this in this forum or on your freeola.com/news/ page.

Don't be shy! :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 11/01/12 at 17:50
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
I've only just found out that the normal 'sr' prefixed email account names have been changed to [email protected] etc.

Quite a big change as these have been in place for so many years...

FWIW I would be very happy to read about changes like this in this forum or on your freeola.com/news/ page.

Don't be shy! :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 12/01/12 at 09:22
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
They haven't been 'changed', we have just doubled the number of options given to customers to use as a username for their e-mail accounts.

Both the sr numbers and e-mail addresses will now work as an account username when accessing Freeola e-mail addresses using a mail client or mobile device. This has been the case since the launch of EmailPro.

While we are now offering an alternative to the old 'sr' system for e-mail accounts (to make e-mail setup easier for our customers) I highly doubt we will ever move away completely from this, due to the sheer number of people happily using these as their usernames.

Should this ever change, and we decide to 'push' this change then, of course, we will update everybody using multiple methods, well in advance.
Thu 12/01/12 at 09:42
"Are you sure?"
Sorry, perhaps I didn't word that very well.

I meant the introduction of non-SR numbers for email accounts alongside the existing SR numbers would have been worth a quick mention as 'only SR numbers' have been used for over 10 years etc.

The SR numbers in my email settings in MyFreeola now all show as email addresses - so a mention of the change would have been nice :¬)

Not a problem - I'm just sayin'
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT - I'm not sure you have "doubled the options" as I don't think you can now display the old sr1234568-001 format to use if required?
Thu 12/01/12 at 10:19
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
If you have an e-mail account that was setup with an sr number then it will continue to work with that or the full e-mail address as the account username. If you create a new e-mail address it will use the full e-mail address as the account username, no sr number will be generated.
Thu 12/01/12 at 10:25
"Are you sure?"
Interesting, thanks.

As I mentioned - this is the sort of change that would be nice to read about rather than bump into :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.