GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"having second thoughts :("

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Sat 18/01/03 at 23:30
Regular
i got a xbox for christmas and am really impressed with it all my games especially Morrowind it has to one of the best games i've played.

But one game i got i'm having second thoughts about that game is Starwars jedi knight 2 don't get me wrong its a ok game and i am a big starwars fan but since i got for my birthday on the 28th on december i have'nt been to interested in it over my other games.

But since he 28th was a while ago if i was to sell it or part exchange it in i'm not sure how much i'll get for it and because i'm skint i would'nt be able to pay the rest for another game.

The game i would replace it with is most probably Lord of the rings two towers i've played it round my mates house on the ps2 and was very impressed by it.

What do i do and say to my parents ? :(

ahhh lol
Fri 24/01/03 at 23:21
Regular
Good choice, WonderSwan.
Fri 24/01/03 at 21:37
Regular
""To the pub...""
can't belive i wrote this what a dumb-ass i've just been playing multiplayer on jedi-knights-2 and its a bloody good laugh in fact i think the multiplayer on this gives halo a wake-up call i mean halo is ok on multiplayer but when i was playing this with my mate not long ago and all the bots running around too its really good fun and especially if you have the settings to jedi-master so that you have points in everything like all your force powers and put the bots on padawan then get a outside level get your ligthsaber out and jump miles in the air using force jump and deflect enemy lasers before landing flippin round and slicing 2 enemys at once then freeze and watch as they fall to the floor dead its really cool loads of different flips and rolls you can do and using the light-saber is alot better than using the other weapons.

Trust this game on multiplayer is proper decent :) now i'll be deffently keeping this game and i suppose the 1 player gets better when i get a lightsaber it will hahaha lol
Sun 19/01/03 at 16:33
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
The Two towers is comming to Xbox and GC in case you didn't know.

Don't know about star wars games. Only one I've liked is roague leader.
Sun 19/01/03 at 16:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Belldandy wrote:
>Xbox - this is the console with Halo after
>

Poor reiviewers then.

I'm all for look at a game subjectively with context and everything, but objective reviewing is also neccessary - Its a good game, so Halo shoul not detract from that - Jedi Knight II is a port and all.
Sun 19/01/03 at 15:54
Regular
"BOSE"
i bought Jediknight 2 a few weeks ago, love it! what exactly don't you like about it?

when i saw The Two Towers advertise, it said for PS2 and GBA. so when did it come out for Xbox???
Sun 19/01/03 at 15:42
Regular
I've got it on GameCube (so I can't really vouch for the X-Box version), and I'm really enjoying it. The single player is quite deep and challenging, with a fantastic learning curve. Admittedly, the graphics aren't too sharp - and the game suffers from slight framerate issues, but they shouldn't be too much of a problem. On top of that, there's a host of extras including the Jedi Arena mode in which you can play with friends using Lightsabres and Force Powers (which is amazing fun).
Sun 19/01/03 at 11:15
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
I wouldnt be surprised if you diddnt find it that much of an amazing game. One of my friends says that it is much better on PC, simply cos you have a keyboard and mouse which makes it much easier to control. How about getting the PC version? Its easier to control, and is a bit cheaper.
Sun 19/01/03 at 09:47
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> No really, this game rules. The fact that the guy wants to trade it
> for Lord of the Rings says very little for themans taste in games.

I've never played it, but no doubt that infernal "Star warsy music" is tumpeting away all through it - I hate Star Wars music. It's cool in the movies, but hearing it over and over in a game just gets on my t*ts.
Sun 19/01/03 at 09:16
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
LOTR TT is a bit repetitive after a while, and Jedi Knight 2 did get some iffy reviews on Xbox - this is the console with Halo after all....

If possible, whack it on Ebay, failing that get down Gamestation with it,

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 19/01/03 at 00:36
Regular
No really, this game rules. The fact that the guy wants to trade it for Lord of the Rings says very little for themans taste in games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.