GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I take it back"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Die Hard: Vendetta'.
Sun 19/01/03 at 00:52
Regular
I picked up a second hand Die Hard: Vendetta for a very reasonable price and I take all criticisims about it back!

I know I have criticized it but from what I read, heard, saw and told it did appear the game wasn't right for me... I was wrong. Die Hard: Vendetta is similar to Goldeneye in terms of a storming single player game. It is a solid game but its the extras like the names of films at the movies, the speech that is said throughout the game... such as if you kill a baddie holding a hostage instantly you'll tell the hostage to get away... if you bide your time you'll have a brief chat with the baddie...

The game is great fun, it is very puzzle orientated but that is one of the ways it is so brilliant, it mixes simple blasting with the desire to progress further... it has a good storyline, decent cutscenes and some nice effects as well. I'm dead impressed and I know I criticized it but it is fun... yes there is the hostage shooting situation that can be frustrating (the trial and error criticizm) but that is part of the games charm and is actually fun in a way, there is no multiplayer which is a damn big shame and yes the shooting is made a little easy but then the difficulty comes in the form of discovering how to progress further.

I'll write a review when I've played through the game but this is great... sadly it looks like it hasn't been especially built for the cube as much as they originally planned now it going to the PS2... the only 'Cube effect' I've spotted is the very nice reflections on the guns, which can be done on the PS2 although requires a lot more coding than the Cube's version.

Yes so, I take it back, Die Hard is extremley good fun... get it.
Regular
I picked up a second hand Die Hard: Vendetta for a very reasonable price and I take all criticisims about it back!

I know I have criticized it but from what I read, heard, saw and told it did appear the game wasn't right for me... I was wrong. Die Hard: Vendetta is similar to Goldeneye in terms of a storming single player game. It is a solid game but its the extras like the names of films at the movies, the speech that is said throughout the game... such as if you kill a baddie holding a hostage instantly you'll tell the hostage to get away... if you bide your time you'll have a brief chat with the baddie...

The game is great fun, it is very puzzle orientated but that is one of the ways it is so brilliant, it mixes simple blasting with the desire to progress further... it has a good storyline, decent cutscenes and some nice effects as well. I'm dead impressed and I know I criticized it but it is fun... yes there is the hostage shooting situation that can be frustrating (the trial and error criticizm) but that is part of the games charm and is actually fun in a way, there is no multiplayer which is a damn big shame and yes the shooting is made a little easy but then the difficulty comes in the form of discovering how to progress further.

I'll write a review when I've played through the game but this is great... sadly it looks like it hasn't been especially built for the cube as much as they originally planned now it going to the PS2... the only 'Cube effect' I've spotted is the very nice reflections on the guns, which can be done on the PS2 although requires a lot more coding than the Cube's version.

Yes so, I take it back, Die Hard is extremley good fun... get it.
Regular
Oh and the game is so funny too... the music in hero mode literally cracks me up!
Sun 19/01/03 at 01:00
Regular
I might once it drops in price but meanwhile theres more better games coming out aint slating it just that metroid is probably better eh.
Sun 19/01/03 at 01:38
Regular
Yeah, I think it's great. Except I'm stuck on the 'sneak inside the truck' bit, which is frankly rubbish. I've been stuck for about a month and I cna't be bothered to play it anymore.

It really is a very crap bit, I hate games that try and do stealth but fail miserably. Like this and one level in Mafia, leave it for the proper stealth games like Thief.
Sun 19/01/03 at 10:37
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yeah, it's cool, though the last level is pretty OTT.

Still, I enjoyed it, and I'm glad I bought it.
Sun 19/01/03 at 12:20
Regular
"One More Chance"
I love this game but I'm stuck on the level when your in the Police Station and you have to rescue the reporter. They keep seeing me and shooting the hostage.

Ah well, still a great game.
Sun 19/01/03 at 12:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Initiate 'Ode To Joy' mode and blast them.

Hehe!

The dialogue is better than any other FPS ever, even if the aiming is terrible.

I got it for Christmas to fill the gap between then and March.

Doing okay so far......
Sun 19/01/03 at 14:19
Regular
Jetster wrote:
> I love this game but I'm stuck on the level when your in the Police
> Station and you have to rescue the reporter. They keep seeing me and
> shooting the hostage.

Go into stealth mode and grab the fist guy!
Sun 19/01/03 at 15:32
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I'll stick to my guns - it's rubbish. I expected much more but was severly disappointed by it.
Sun 19/01/03 at 16:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Do you people evem know you're using American spellings for yur words?
Or are you doing it on purpose?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.