GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Urgent Help - please"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/01/03 at 11:54
Regular
I have my IT exam tomorrow and I need to download a practise paper from the edexcel website to help me. I have found the right page but when I download the papers they are PDF - I dont know what this is but it wont open in any programe I have on my PC.

Can you tell me what I need to get to open them, or could someone download one of the tests, open it in PDF, copy it to MS word and send me it (This would win eternal gratitude from me).

The page is http://www.edexcel.org.uk/qualifications/
QualificationStructure.aspx?id=72387

The papers I need are the following ones:-

- Winter (January 2002)

- Intermediate GNVQ in ICT: Unit 1 Presenting Information: ref Y201T/01 08/11/2002 PDF (735 Kb)

- Intermediate GNVQ in ICT: Unit 5 Information Resources: ref Y205T/01 08/11/2002 PDF (152 Kb)

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Sun 19/01/03 at 12:32
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
froots wrote:
> Okay then, ignore me. As everyone usually does. *weeps*

poor frootsy wootsy. I got the acrobat reader now anyway, sorry!

Everything has worked fine and im printing it :-)

Cheers to everyone who helped!
Sun 19/01/03 at 12:28
Regular
go into the start menu and click on find, type the programme you are looking for and it will scan your computer for it.
Sun 19/01/03 at 12:27
Regular
Okay then, ignore me. As everyone usually does. *weeps*
Sun 19/01/03 at 12:26
Regular
Give us an actual link to the PDF files, and I'll sort everything out for you, just you see.

Cant find the ones your looking for you see.
Sun 19/01/03 at 12:26
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
*rejoices* I found one of 'those' disks that you find on the front of magazines and sure enough it had acrobat 5.0 on it :-)

It worked and i can read stuff now. Wooh! Cheers everyone.
Sun 19/01/03 at 12:23
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Well the only option you have is to download it or go to a library or someone who has a PC and net connection you know and then download it and print it off.
Sun 19/01/03 at 12:21
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
monkey_man wrote:
> Surely you can wait at least an hour to download this if it's THAT
> important...

You don't understand my modem, it is the equivalent of a 90 year old woman who smells of wee and falls down the stairs twice a day. Useless.
Sun 19/01/03 at 12:19
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I have adobe photoshop 8.0 aswell, but I can't see acrobat anywhere!

Where will it be under? I went my computer/programe files/adobe but it wasnt there!

*ponders*
Sun 19/01/03 at 12:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Surely you can wait at least an hour to download this if it's THAT important...
Sun 19/01/03 at 12:16
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I can't believe you don't have a copy of Acrobat. It's a standard format for documents now, partly because it doesn't let you rip the text out...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.