GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Game Of 2003!?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/01/03 at 13:58
Regular
What game do you think will take over the year of 2003?

Will The Sims on Playstation 2 take over Grand Theft Auto: Vice City?
Will Rachet And Clank take over the famous game Jak and Dakter?
What do think will happen?
Wed 22/01/03 at 13:45
Regular
"Remember me?"
Yeah and I can see that being legal. :-D
Wed 22/01/03 at 13:43
"slightlyshortertagl"
or how about 'punch-o-fealing'

whenever you get hit, blown up or shot at a hand pops out of a special box next to the tv to administer the appropriate pain.
Wed 22/01/03 at 13:34
Regular
"Remember me?"
Unbeliever wrote:
> how can you improve on Vice City?

Smell-o-vision! Smell those tyres burning! And smell the blood mixing with dog droppings on the "sidewalk". Mwahaha.
Wed 22/01/03 at 13:20
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
That's true, there are rmours about a San Andreas version but how can you improve on Vice City? It might end up being the biggest selling game of the year, but it won't be the best game of the year.
Wed 22/01/03 at 13:17
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
okay okay, i mean for selling, the simadicts will just think of it as another remake of there fabulous game and buy buy buy, the best game for this year for gameplay will probably be the new GTA game, i heard rumours in PS2world that theres plans for another one!!
Wed 22/01/03 at 13:10
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
How can The Sims possibly be the game of 2003 when it's been out for the PC for ages?

No, it'll be some kind of GTA update, Zelda, or some unknown quantity - we're only in the first month of the year for God's sake!

:-C
Wed 22/01/03 at 13:07
Regular
"INSERT WITTY COMMEN"
*twiddles thumbs* maybe the sims on playstation 2? not because its gonna be much better than any other game, but because its got a very large fan base, and now that the sims is dominating the internet too......there may be no stopping them :O
Wed 22/01/03 at 11:53
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Chances are GOTY 2003 will be a sequel of some description, as there's
> so many of them about, so Halo 2, Doom 3, Tomb Raider: Angel of
> Darkness, even Jak and Daxter 2 may all be in with a shout at the
> title.

You really don't like Nintendo do ya?

Not even the slightest mention of Metroid Prime, voted the best of 2002 in the US. Been given round the board high reviews and named by many top industry type people as one of the best games ever.

WHat about Zelda? 40/40 in Famitsu.

By the way, I wouldn't too long for a good Tomb Raider game. I think you'll be turning blue before your number's really up.

:D
Wed 22/01/03 at 10:31
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Either that or Starsky and Hutch of course.
Wed 22/01/03 at 09:47
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I figure that in the same way GTA Vice City burst onto the scene last year (no-one, not even the games press, had an inkling how good it was going to be until the very last minute), another game is going to take the gaming community by storm, but it's going to be a surprise.

Being realistic, the accolade of 'Game of the Year 2003' would have to go to either a PS2 title or a PC title, because those are the formats with the biggest userbase at present (excluding the GBA and PSX). I mean, it's no use having the best game ever made if only a small proportion of the community play it, is it?

The most hyped game around at present is Star Wars Galaxies. SWG is a MMORPG which goes against it in terms of 'Best Game of the Year', because the mainstream gaming press usually stay clear of the genre unless it's got the words Final Fantasy in it. Final Fantasy XI Online 'may' actually get a 2003 release on PC, maybe even on the PS2, but I doubt it. If it does, that's your game of the year right there.

Other contenders include Final Fantasy X-2 (a character called Tidus does actually make an appearance in it, much to many fans' delight), Suikoden 3 (massively popular in Japan and the US at present) and possibly Driver 3 if it manages to squeeze in a release before December.

Chances are GOTY 2003 will be a sequel of some description, as there's so many of them about, so Halo 2, Doom 3, Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness, even Jak and Daxter 2 may all be in with a shout at the title.

Out of all of the current known contenders, I'd hope that Suikoden 3 turns out to be all it's reviews make it out to be, if it is that'll be my game of the year for sure.

But knowing the marketplace and the current trend of UK gamers of buying nothing but driving games, there's no doubt in my mind that Gran Turismo 4 will take the title.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.