GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"please help"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/08/07 at 22:12
Regular
I am a very silly boy, and in future I will click either here , here, or even here when I am requesting cheats, and I will stop making countless threads asking for help.

Once again, I offer my apologies. Especially to Chaos :P

Obviously this was edited by BLJ ;)
Mon 27/08/07 at 19:15
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
what cheats do u want
Sat 04/08/07 at 18:52
Regular
"Mooching around"
Meh, he seems fine...

I hardly thought BLJ made fun of him, he gave him all the links. I thought it was more a telling off than anything,
Sat 04/08/07 at 16:46
Regular
dont worry guys i got the manaphy now but at lv 100
:b
Sat 04/08/07 at 15:36
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I'd rather new users pay me £50 before they post anything at all personally.

A spot of tolerance wouldnt go amiss you know. Lets face it, we're not exactly overwhelmed with threads here. I'm fairly sure we can all cope with the trauma of a few extra threads.
Sat 04/08/07 at 13:08
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I'd rather new users clicked on the stickied thread, entitled 'New Posters Please Check Here Before Posting', and looked at a Gamefaq Walkthorugh (I think GP already gave him a link) instead of making four threads in 2 days asking for Pokemon Diamond help.
Sat 04/08/07 at 13:04
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Biggie Little Jr wrote:
> Alright, perhaps I was a bit harsh and I shouldn't have made fun,
> but it really annoys me that 10 of the top 12 threads in the
> Nintendo section are all about people asking for Pokemon cheats.
> We don't need lots of repetitive threads with one line with
> people saying 'How do I get this HM?' or 'What level does this
> Pokemon evolve?' etc.
>
> We had a PokeTalk thread created, and I'm happy to help people
> with Pokemon Diamond and any other game they're having trouble
> with in that thread, so it would be better if everyone kept
> Pokemon related talk in there, please.

So you want everyone who has Pokemon related talk to visit the site, see a 'please help' thread, check it to make sure it's the right thread for Pokemon related talk, see that it's an apology thread, but continue to read through it just in case, then see your request for all Pokemon related talk to go in unspecified there?

I see.
Sat 04/08/07 at 12:59
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Alright, perhaps I was a bit harsh and I shouldn't have made fun, but it really annoys me that 10 of the top 12 threads in the Nintendo section are all about people asking for Pokemon cheats. We don't need lots of repetitive threads with one line with people saying 'How do I get this HM?' or 'What level does this Pokemon evolve?' etc.

We had a PokeTalk thread created, and I'm happy to help people with Pokemon Diamond and any other game they're having trouble with in that thread, so it would be better if everyone kept Pokemon related talk in there, please.
Sat 04/08/07 at 12:48
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I think its fairly obvious what FM's point is, Chaos. The post might be classified as spam, yes. However that doesnt mean the moderators should then edit it to make fun out of the poster. Its clear the original post wasnt intending to spam, a simple post asking if he could keep all his pokemon posts in 1 topic was more than sufficient.
Sat 04/08/07 at 12:14
Regular
"Mooching around"
Why? I think he was right, even the rules agree:

[I]Do not spam - Spamming is unnecessarily filling our forums full of pointless posts that serve no purpose to anyone. This includes posting the same message over and over again, posting countless Threads on the same subject and replying to people's posts purely to boost your word count. Anyone who is found to be excessively spamming will be warned and will have their posts deleted. If they continue, they will be banned.
Sat 04/08/07 at 11:50
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Chaos wrote:
> Heh, cheers Biggie :)
>
> Ahh the old "It was my son and not me routine" :)

That's not the point. Whoever modded the first post shouldn't be a mod.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.