GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NEW SUPER CONSOLE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/09/00 at 13:54
Regular
In replying to another forum, I have suddenly seen the light regarding my choice of next gen console. Look at all this effort devoted to debating/slandering/imagining which of the next gen consoles deserves our hard earned (well maybe) cash. WHY? Why should we, as devoted, consciensous gamers, be forced to make this terrible choice? I want security that the console I decide upon will not leave me resentful, bitter and jealous because it turns out to be frankly bobbins compared to the rest. People, there must be another way. A better way. A way where everyone wins.

And there is. I am hereby founding a campaign dedicated to the unificaton of all the big console players into one mammoth entity of expertise. All the contenders will be amalgamated into one incredible super-console, which will retain the advantages of each individual machine, whilst solving all the problems. We will all be able to buy with impunity, happy that our console is THE BEST. There will be so many great games it will be impossible to keep up. So many units of consoles and games will be sold (no competition remember) that prices of both will quickly start to fall, and keep on falling. The super-console (indulge my whim and let's call it the Milo) will be internet compatible, it'll play DVDs, it'll have wireless controllers, its specs will be unimaginable, it will be TINY, and yes, it may even have a detachable carry handle. Every games company will produce games for it, because heck!, there won't be anything else to produce for. Can't you imagine it?

Friends, I have seen a beautiful vision of the future. Don't hesitate, join me today.....
Tue 12/09/00 at 13:54
In replying to another forum, I have suddenly seen the light regarding my choice of next gen console. Look at all this effort devoted to debating/slandering/imagining which of the next gen consoles deserves our hard earned (well maybe) cash. WHY? Why should we, as devoted, consciensous gamers, be forced to make this terrible choice? I want security that the console I decide upon will not leave me resentful, bitter and jealous because it turns out to be frankly bobbins compared to the rest. People, there must be another way. A better way. A way where everyone wins.

And there is. I am hereby founding a campaign dedicated to the unificaton of all the big console players into one mammoth entity of expertise. All the contenders will be amalgamated into one incredible super-console, which will retain the advantages of each individual machine, whilst solving all the problems. We will all be able to buy with impunity, happy that our console is THE BEST. There will be so many great games it will be impossible to keep up. So many units of consoles and games will be sold (no competition remember) that prices of both will quickly start to fall, and keep on falling. The super-console (indulge my whim and let's call it the Milo) will be internet compatible, it'll play DVDs, it'll have wireless controllers, its specs will be unimaginable, it will be TINY, and yes, it may even have a detachable carry handle. Every games company will produce games for it, because heck!, there won't be anything else to produce for. Can't you imagine it?

Friends, I have seen a beautiful vision of the future. Don't hesitate, join me today.....
Tue 12/09/00 at 13:57
....of course, it is possible that some of the frankly SELFISH individual companies may resist this conglomeration. If this turns out to be the case, never fear! I personally will start a fund which everyone can contribute to until we have enough just to buy them all out. Can't see it taking more than a few months.....and OF COURSE I'll make all the balances etc of this fund publically accessible...
Tue 12/09/00 at 14:02
Then they would put their price up, and you'd either have to pay it or go without. There would be no need to put a great deal of effort into making games for the console, because theres nowhere else to look. Competition is a good thing.
Tue 12/09/00 at 14:08
Pacman, did I forget to mention that this frighteningly large company will in effect be a democracy ruled by anyone who owns a console?

And I know this isn't practical either. Jeez, indulge a guy his fantasies......
Tue 12/09/00 at 21:41
Are you suggesting that we buy Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony (and of course Sega)? well, if you are so worried about being disappointed by your choice of console then just buy a high spec PC, it'll last for a long time, there's a huge choice of games and there's no real competition in this area (intel rule Processors, the rest are good, but not as good). I wouldn't buy a console called Milo! 8'P
Tue 12/09/00 at 21:42
Are you suggesting that we buy Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony (and of course Sega)? well, if you are so worried about being disappointed by your choice of console then just buy a high spec PC, it'll last for a long time, there's a huge choice of games and there's no real competition in this area (intel rule Processors, the rest are good, but not as good). I wouldn't buy a console called Milo! 8'P
Oh and anyway, it would be impossible to mix and match all the bits of the consoles, they will all be incompatible! (especially the X-Box since it's more like a mini PC).
Tue 12/09/00 at 21:42
Damn, i hate it when i double post! *kicks self*
Tue 12/09/00 at 22:04
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
If we did this club together and buy up the developers thing, I can only really see one problem. No competition. This massive conglomerate could churn out complete pap and we would have no where else to go, whereas at least at present if you are dissatisfied with your N64 you could buy a Dreamcast or vice versa.
Tue 12/09/00 at 22:08
Oy, what about the incompatibility problem?
Anyway, if you want something that's got all you need for good gaming (except fighting games of course, such as Tekken) then buy a PC!
Wed 13/09/00 at 17:46
Milo, are you INSANE! You 'perfect image' of a conglamorate will turn into the destruction of the world! (Not really!) But can't you see there are disadvantages to a monopoly such as a unified console. No competiotn mean they can charge what every the want, for there will be no alternative. However let me tell you MY 'vision' we would have a unified console was where all the major games company's chipped in so then we would have the best of all technology. Now the good thing is all games would be around £15. Not to much money. Not too cheap so that they go bust a can't make any good games. Now this machine would have internet capabilties, be able to be link up to a computer for networking. Be able to do your home work on it, be light enough to carry around with you and be fairly cheap to buy.

I wish!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.