GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New gamecube controller, but not what you expect...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/01/03 at 14:21
Regular
From N-gamer.com

"That's right, allegedly there will be a new GameCube controller, but it's probably not what you're thinking...

A Japanese company named Hori is planning to release a new GameCube controller, but you're probably thinking that there are already enough 3rd party controllers on the market, what's so special about this one?

Well, this one is a bit unique, in that it is emalgemation of the classic SNES controller and the GameCube controller.

Entitled the "Hori Digital Controller", it comes without any analog sticks, vibration compatability and features only digital inp. But what's the fun in that you say?

Well it'll sure come in handy for any games that only use digital input (no use of analog control) such as Nintendo's very own Nintendo Puzzle Collection. It could also be used in conjunction with the GameBoy Player to play classic Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games. Bearing in mind the vast amount of SNES ports to the GameBoy Advance console it may come in handy after all..."

There are some pictures under neath the article, go to

http://www.n-gamer.com/modules.php
?name=News&file=article&sid=180

I don't think i'll be getting one of these, allthough, they do look interesting. Proboply won't be released out of japan anyway,
Fri 24/01/03 at 20:04
Regular
Speaking of new controllers, a new Wavebird is being released soon. It'll run at 4.5 GHz, and have a longer playable distance and battery life. Still no rumble feature, though :(.
Sun 19/01/03 at 21:55
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Hah, look where Z is.......
Sun 19/01/03 at 21:50
Regular
its official and for the gba player.
Sun 19/01/03 at 18:47
Regular
as it mentions the nintendo puzzle collection, maybe they should sell it with the game, free or for about £5
Sun 19/01/03 at 18:18
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Don't think I'll be getting it.
Sun 19/01/03 at 16:56
Regular
"Festivus!"
It's for the GB player. And it's official Nintendo, isn't t? That's what C-E said.
Sun 19/01/03 at 16:52
"Uzi Lover"
It'll be greta for 2D Beat em ups
Sun 19/01/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
In this day and age, a pad without Analogue functions is fairly useless UNLESS they have adaptors with it making it compatible with the NES and SNES. However, I very much doubt it.
Sun 19/01/03 at 14:21
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
From N-gamer.com

"That's right, allegedly there will be a new GameCube controller, but it's probably not what you're thinking...

A Japanese company named Hori is planning to release a new GameCube controller, but you're probably thinking that there are already enough 3rd party controllers on the market, what's so special about this one?

Well, this one is a bit unique, in that it is emalgemation of the classic SNES controller and the GameCube controller.

Entitled the "Hori Digital Controller", it comes without any analog sticks, vibration compatability and features only digital inp. But what's the fun in that you say?

Well it'll sure come in handy for any games that only use digital input (no use of analog control) such as Nintendo's very own Nintendo Puzzle Collection. It could also be used in conjunction with the GameBoy Player to play classic Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games. Bearing in mind the vast amount of SNES ports to the GameBoy Advance console it may come in handy after all..."

There are some pictures under neath the article, go to

http://www.n-gamer.com/modules.php
?name=News&file=article&sid=180

I don't think i'll be getting one of these, allthough, they do look interesting. Proboply won't be released out of japan anyway,

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.