GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I am the best"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/01/03 at 14:07
Regular
...at what, I don't know yet, but when I find out I'll let you know.

Anyway. I've got nothing better to say and didn't want to start a topic about the new Gameboy SP or why hardly anything seems to support MP3 Pro at the moment, so I thought I'd put it all here.

I love the look of the Gameboy SP, but why release the same handheld in a different case just because it now has a backlight? They could have introduced something a bit more radical, hiked up the price a tiny bit and include a TV tuner or FM radio, even an organiser style slide out keyboard. hm.

And as for MP3 Pro, well, I've bought my 256mb Compact Flash (for £60 in a sale!) and I'd have loved my MP3 player to play songs from MP3 Pro, but it doesn't, so I either go for high quality and less songs or lower quality and more songs (natch). Oh well.
Wed 22/01/03 at 13:55
"possibly impossible"
RM18 wrote:
> (sic) is when your writing something and you spell it wrong, but on
> purpose, because its a colloquial saying or something.

No, it's when you use the original (mis)spelling while quoting something as it appears in context with the original.
Tue 21/01/03 at 15:42
Regular
pb wrote:
> I am the best

typo?
Tue 21/01/03 at 15:32
Regular
(sic) is when your writing something and you spell it wrong, but on purpose, because its a colloquial saying or something.

Anyone with an accurate description will bemoan mine, but I think thats a loose definition. Or something. Yup.
Tue 21/01/03 at 14:17
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Grix Thraves wrote:
"What does 'natch' actually mean?"

Naturally?
Tue 21/01/03 at 13:31
"possibly impossible"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> What does 'natch' actually mean?

Short for Naturally.
Mon 20/01/03 at 19:09
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Nintendo did release the GameBoy Pocket after the GameBoy, but come to think of that, it was along time after the GameBoy was released, not one and a half years.

But they've also syncronized hand-held gaming with the mobile phone age, by making it smaller, compact and giving it an LCD screen, just like the latest mobiles.

It would have been cool if they had included a feature like an FM radio, but this is just a revamped version.
Mon 20/01/03 at 18:33
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
pb wrote:
> They could have introduced something a bit more radical,
> hiked up the price a tiny bit and include a TV tuner or
> FM radio, even an organiser style slide out keyboard.

They could have added an extra slot and graphics chip on the back to enable owners to slot in a MegaDrive cartridge and play all those great Sega games on their GBA SP.

I expect either that or the TV Tuner/FM radio version will get released 3 months after the SP version, just to keep customers REALLY happy.
Mon 20/01/03 at 16:11
"slightlyshortertagl"
sic is Latin but don't know what it means.
Mon 20/01/03 at 16:05
Regular
What does 'natch' actually mean?

I used to see it written everywhere.

Sic's another. I'm sure it stands for something like "Spelling Isn't Corrected", but I've never really found out the truth.
Mon 20/01/03 at 15:39
"slightlyshortertagl"
so you stuck with the mc3?

good onyou :0)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.