GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"hey Link- Make mine an Official memory card!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/01/03 at 21:29
Regular
Whilst reading through various things about the new Zelda game which i can not wait to get, it looks great.
The faces, eyes move, looks good, the cel shaded graphics are looking better to me at every screenshot and they say it looks fabulous! the wind that blows through the water, the swaying grass. Just sounds great doesn't it, and i know i will be pre ordering mine as soon as i can, for the main reason:
I want The legend of Zelda OoT and Ura, really hope that it happens in Europe like it did in the states and in Japan, because if it don't i will be sooooo mad! 3 games for the price of one, thats what i call a good deal!
don't you?

I read about the first few hours of the game, from the first hour getting you to lock on like in OoT and basically ru about a bit, then you egt your tunic and do a bit of basic combat. After this in the 2nd hours you come across a giant bird who has stolen a young pirate girl, but after he gets hit by a cannon he drops and, now you must run off to rescure her. Here you get to actually fight enemies!!
Rescure the girl, then your little sister gets taken, oh no, so we go off and find her in a big, over protected fort, but Link becomes James bind and sneaks in, gets to his sisters, and his thrown away to a distant isalnd, wheer you mst satr your journey to get her back!

The game features the good old sword and shield, hookshot, and many other of youe favourite weapons. The game looks great, it is meant to play great, heopfully we get the best Zelda game in my opinion yet, OoT and a brand new one, but what is this topic about, we all know this, correct? well if you don't you do now

The point of the topic is to tell everyone that you will probably need an official memory card for this game, if not you may lose your data, like 10 mins before the end knowing my luck! If you have one, no prob if you don't it aint too bad, SR give one away, but i still think it is a bit off making it like that, don't you?

Otherwise, great game, pre order it, you may get a surprise and i look forward to completing this lil beauty of a game!
Sat 25/01/03 at 23:37
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Wasn't this confirmed for the UK a while ago anyway?

Yes. Yes it was.
Sat 25/01/03 at 23:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
These people are living two weeks behind everyone else.
Sat 25/01/03 at 23:22
Regular
Wasn't this confirmed for the UK a while ago anyway?
Sat 25/01/03 at 13:30
Regular
Zelda Bonus Disk in UK?

Interestingly, the most recent NOE email newsletter says, "Whether you're gagging to know more about The Wind Waker, re-live the Super NES classic on GBA, Ocarina of Time or Ocarina of Time Master Quest, the latest issue of Nintendo Official Magazine is now on sale with everything you need to know about the latest Zelda epics. "

It's advertising NOM - BUT, surely NOE wouldn't want to make us excited about something they're not going to release? Mentioning the Bonus disk games seems to be an indication that the disk will reach us in some form.

Lets hope so!
Wed 22/01/03 at 21:41
Regular
"Omnipresent"
I wouldn't believe everything you read in NOM. It's a bit too light-hearted for that. lockyuk2000
Wed 22/01/03 at 21:34
Regular
Yeah, I read that too in the Nintendo Official Magazine's "Japan news" column, NOJ issued a warning to japanese owners of TWW, Mind you, let's hope we get a Bonus-disc when we pre-order TWW!
Tue 21/01/03 at 22:10
Regular
"$hit happens"
Realy!?
Even in the Official Nintendo mag they say it is, well i think they did, well hopefully there is enough variation, but i thought it was a new game, if it was a new game but short would you rather have OoT and Ura, or OoT and Majora's Mask??
I think id opt for the second as i never played Majora's Mask so it would be new and longer!
Mon 20/01/03 at 22:33
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Its really more like 2 and a half games, as Ura and OOT are practically the same, just with a couple of puzzles and monsters jiggled around.
It isn't the new version with extra dungeon and proper ending that is rumoured to exist... :(
Mon 20/01/03 at 21:29
Regular
"$hit happens"
Whilst reading through various things about the new Zelda game which i can not wait to get, it looks great.
The faces, eyes move, looks good, the cel shaded graphics are looking better to me at every screenshot and they say it looks fabulous! the wind that blows through the water, the swaying grass. Just sounds great doesn't it, and i know i will be pre ordering mine as soon as i can, for the main reason:
I want The legend of Zelda OoT and Ura, really hope that it happens in Europe like it did in the states and in Japan, because if it don't i will be sooooo mad! 3 games for the price of one, thats what i call a good deal!
don't you?

I read about the first few hours of the game, from the first hour getting you to lock on like in OoT and basically ru about a bit, then you egt your tunic and do a bit of basic combat. After this in the 2nd hours you come across a giant bird who has stolen a young pirate girl, but after he gets hit by a cannon he drops and, now you must run off to rescure her. Here you get to actually fight enemies!!
Rescure the girl, then your little sister gets taken, oh no, so we go off and find her in a big, over protected fort, but Link becomes James bind and sneaks in, gets to his sisters, and his thrown away to a distant isalnd, wheer you mst satr your journey to get her back!

The game features the good old sword and shield, hookshot, and many other of youe favourite weapons. The game looks great, it is meant to play great, heopfully we get the best Zelda game in my opinion yet, OoT and a brand new one, but what is this topic about, we all know this, correct? well if you don't you do now

The point of the topic is to tell everyone that you will probably need an official memory card for this game, if not you may lose your data, like 10 mins before the end knowing my luck! If you have one, no prob if you don't it aint too bad, SR give one away, but i still think it is a bit off making it like that, don't you?

Otherwise, great game, pre order it, you may get a surprise and i look forward to completing this lil beauty of a game!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.