GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've spent about 10 hours on a re-draft"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/01/03 at 22:21
Regular
Yesterday and today combined

In which I wrote an entirely new essay and I still know she'll moan.

I can't read it or work at it ever again though or I'll explode.

My brain is drained and me so tired

Thanks to Bellandy though who gave me some good links
Tue 21/01/03 at 10:23
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Water is such an invaluable resource that many of the conflicts (especially in the Middle East between Arab/non Arab nations) have been instigated in an attempt to occupy territory that contains a major water source. The 6 day war is one such example, when the Israelis seized control of all the major aquifers in the region, thus giving them total control.

There have also been skirmishes over proposals by countries to build dams, as that would ensure that that particular country would again be in control of a major and vital asset.

Oil may keep vehicles alive, water keeps humans alive and as such is far more important, unless you are an American President it seems.
Tue 21/01/03 at 00:25
Regular
The alcohol powered car.

*one for me and one for you, one for me and one for you*
Tue 21/01/03 at 00:17
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I fill my car up with Sunflower Oil instead of petrol to save tax.

No, I am only 15 :(
Mon 20/01/03 at 23:41
MoJoJoJo wrote:

> Or is it the geeky scientific stuff that other posters have mentioned?

()_o
Mon 20/01/03 at 23:01
Regular
"That's right!"
SHEEPY wrote:
> " Is water the oil of the 21st century? "
>
> Is the question I made up

------

Is it one of those philisophical questions, where water will become so scarce that it will become more profitable than oil?

Or is it the geeky scientific stuff that other posters have mentioned?
Mon 20/01/03 at 23:00
Regular
"everyone says it"
Just say to her, 'Don't mug yourself love.'
Mon 20/01/03 at 22:57
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
*stunned*
Mon 20/01/03 at 22:55
Rite

Oil is made of many combustable parts which are usually long chained polymers such are petroleum or deisel fuel. Water on the other hand is made of mostly Hydrogen and Oxygen but with a few Isotopes which arent important.

They main point you need to see is electrolysis of water. They 'breaking' up of water into Hydrogen and Oxygen which can be burnt together in the ratio 2-1 to produce energy and water essentially a clean fuel if the source eletrolysis is clean eg solar power.

its very effiecent and very clean but hard to manage, for instance hard to store hydrogen and to transfer it to say a car with the added dissadvantage of things called Hydrogen fuel cells which are often Heavy metal matrixes to hold Hydrogen in a stable form although they cant hold much hydrogen safely at the moment. Its definely they way to the future but realistically only in the future.

Hope this helps
Mon 20/01/03 at 22:52
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Actually, oil is made up of Hydrogen and Carbon.
So your half way there.
Sort of.
:-D
Mon 20/01/03 at 22:44
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
What subject is this for?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.