GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Today's Gamecube news"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/01/02 at 07:14
Regular
Three bits of juicy info this morning, with the possibility of some more to follow this afternoon! (Yes, I always thought I'd be good at the weather reports aswell!) Anyway...

NEWS PIECE 1: Capcom have confirmed that they will release FIVE Resident Evil titles THIS YEAR WORLDWIDE (yes, that DOES include us, unbelievably). The titles to appear this year, in order of when they will appear is as follows:

Resident Evil 1 (Greatly enhanced port)
Resident Evil 2 (Direct Port)
Resident Evil 0 (All-new game!)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (Probably direct port)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica (Probably direct port)

Capcom have stated that the highly-anticipated Resident Evil 4 will be released in early 2003.

NEWS PIECE 2: Bam! Entertainment have confirmed that PS2 title 'Driven' will be ported over to Gamecube. Something about cars going really fast and what have you.

NEWS PIECE 3: LucasArts have formed a new partnership with some cruddy developer to bring an all-new INDIANA JONES title to PC, PS2 and, ofcourse, Gamecube. Let's just hope it's like the origial PC title, hey?

That's all folks, Albie out.
Fri 25/01/02 at 01:16
Regular
resident evil will be good on the gamecube.
Thu 24/01/02 at 01:22
Regular
Possible ninty plans:
1- Announce the release date before the event everyone expects them to, and half the people don't even realise they've done it. Also, there is less to excite people about the exhibition thing.

2- Seeing as some people may be losing enthusiasm about the distant release of the release date date (follow that? thought not ; ) ), spread a few rumors about it coming earlier, to hype it up a little more and keep people interested, then when they're let down on monday, at least they won't have too much longer to go.

I know where my money would be (as do you, from my one-sided post?)

The release date?
If they could pull it off, with enough machines, it has to be the sooner the better.Of course, it may be too short notice even for ninty (unless they've been planning for a while to get the word around fast). On the other hand, if they want to make a big impact on the xbox release, getting it out before the gate-weight(?) would be much more effective than running a few ads and putting shop displays up. Then again, can they really attract many customers to spend at least a hundred and fifty pounds with just 4 weeks notice? Or do they want to? - if they can't get that many machines for anyway, at least this way the demand wouldn't be so overwhelming, but more paced over the early months, and they could still distract people from xbox

Knowing nintendo, if they're cocky enough to think they can pull off a successful release in 4 weeks it wouldn't surprise me... but then again, if they think an april release will hurt microsoft in the wallet, it wouldn't set new standards for their rubbish marketing instinct.
I'd still have to go with mid march though.
Wed 23/01/02 at 22:30
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
And I wouldn't hold your breath for a Gamecube release before April!

:(
Wed 23/01/02 at 22:00
Regular
And we were all expecting the announcement at Milla a week later.
It might be on monday but don't hold your breath.
Wed 23/01/02 at 20:26
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I've just discovered a juicy bit of news from a highly-respectable Nintendo site. So, rather than writing it in my own words, I've decided to post a direct quote from there.

"The european Gamecube release date is more than likely to be revealed on Monday, according to strong rumours. Industry insiders are hinting that Nintendo will issue a press release on Monday 28th January confirming the date. The date is likely to be confirmed as either April 5th or May 3rd. Get excited . . ."

April or May? Man... if it's either of these dates, I'll cry. If it's May 3rd, I'm sure to have a mental breakdown!
Wed 23/01/02 at 20:15
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Mattyboy wrote:
Unless they re develop the whole game
> AVOID!!

Thanks for the advice! I'll probably do something stupid like get it mixed up with Driver 3 now!
Wed 23/01/02 at 18:41
Regular
"Whatever!"
NEWS PIECE 2: Bam! Entertainment have confirmed
> that PS2 title 'Driven' will be ported over to Gamecube. Something about cars
> going really fast and what have you.

Driven was absolutely appalling for PS2 and I dont have much hope for the GC version either!! The handling is very poor and there is very little to get excited about!! Unless they re develop the whole game AVOID!!
Wed 23/01/02 at 17:55
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I think Resi evil 2 and Nemesis are supposed to have slightly better graphics but there are not gonna be enhanced anywhere near as much as the original... Trust me, my mind is special...
Wed 23/01/02 at 17:36
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Strafex wrote:
> I don't think that the Resi games will be direct ports.

I'm telling you now, Resident Evil 2 will be a bog-standard direct port.
Wed 23/01/02 at 17:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
NEWS PIECE ONE is excellent news!! I'm not really bothered about the other 2. I saw clips of Resi Evil (PS) in an old PS mag I was cutting up at school yesterday. A Sony fan next to me was saying that the graphics are 'amazing', but I thought surely the GameBoy Colour can do better??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.