GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Console Announced!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/01/03 at 13:18
Regular
Surely it's not true? Check the news section of SR and post your reactions that (allegedly) a company is making a console in an already saturated market.
Tue 21/01/03 at 13:18
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Surely it's not true? Check the news section of SR and post your reactions that (allegedly) a company is making a console in an already saturated market.
Tue 21/01/03 at 13:23
Regular
Not. A. Chance.

It'll bomb faster than a fat man.
Tue 21/01/03 at 13:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It looks like it's gonna be one of those 8-bit machines they sell on Bid-Up.tv, but in an ultra-modern casing. I bet the games are crap though - you've got to download them before you can play them. Good idea, but the XBox is gonna have that corner covered when it sorts itself out. AND PS2 goes online proper in August - why wait until AFTER the major consoles have established themselves before even trying? Seems a bit odd to me...
Tue 21/01/03 at 13:27
Regular
"smile, it's free"
very, very nice idea though - it's all online. The games purchases, demos, rentals, etc. Very neat and tidy.

I'd like to see it do well, I really would.

I also seem to remember there was some other console announced a year or two ago to supposedly compete with the current generation. Does anyone remember what that was called, or what happened to it?
Tue 21/01/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Maybe to succeed where other consoles failed? If it's specifically downloadable games only it might be an alternative to other gaming mediums. The secret will be in the price of games and the consoles. i still think it's some type of hoax, though.
Tue 21/01/03 at 13:28
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
It could be true, and it could be good, but the website is too vague on the details to be a sure thing right now.
Tue 21/01/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
VenomByte wrote:
> very, very nice idea though - it's all online. The games purchases,
> demos, rentals, etc. Very neat and tidy.
>
> I'd like to see it do well, I really would.
>
> I also seem to remember there was some other console announced a year
> or two ago to supposedly compete with the current generation. Does
> anyone remember what that was called, or what happened to it?

Perhaps this is the one? It could actually work - wait until everyone has established online console play and then storm in when it doesn't take off.
Tue 21/01/03 at 13:34
Regular
"Remember me?"
Well if they want to give it a go, let them. But if it isn't "some kind of elaborate hoax" and the... thing, is actually released... I can't see it competing well with three other next-gen consoles.
Tue 21/01/03 at 13:36
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Nor I. Not yet anyway, with Broadband in relative infancy in this country. Might do well in the USA though. Won't do well in Japan, i reckon.
Tue 21/01/03 at 13:45
"possibly impossible"
Whatever happened to those nifty little retro consoles built in to a controller? The N64 controller one was awesome, with a full MK game and everything, it had something like 40 games on.

I hear they've brought out an Atari one now, all built in to an Atari joystick (one of those that used to cause agony after so many goes on the VCS). I love that stuff.

As for this broadband effort, they've been talking about this for ages now, so something may have been in the works for a long time, but I don't think people will take to a games console where you can't be sure of keeping the media, especially if you have to pay every time you want to play it or have it re-downloaded.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.