GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Newbies...seriously"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/01/03 at 13:27
Regular
For some reason, why is it, that the majority of newbies on this site are retards?

I swear to god, I bet not one of them has any realistic amount of intelligence between them.

IDEA FOR SR: Have 1 week were they are not allowed on the site; just see how that one works out.
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:25
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Nope, but anyway, i think that the newbie forum idea is good, mainly vause i suggested it, also i agree with pb, the newbies are getting treated badly. Someone should post a topic to tell them the rules.
Thu 23/01/03 at 20:02
About the colour of peoples names, on my page, all of the names are blue, some are slightly darker, and the banned peoples names are black. I realise I must have changed something somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

They all used to be the right colours, newbie red, regular purple, notable gold, but now its odd. Any ideas how to change it back?
Thu 23/01/03 at 20:00
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
splint59 wrote:

just because i am a newbie does not mean you can take the mick.
--------------

Yes it does. Now be quiet, stupid newbie.
Thu 23/01/03 at 17:57
Regular
"i like cars!!!!!!"
just because i am a newbie does not mean you can take the mick.
Thu 23/01/03 at 09:01
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Sdrawkcab wrote:
> However some deserve no help.

Explain to me how criticism and insulting can be a much better solution, and I'll believe you.
Thu 23/01/03 at 02:11
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
After all I've said, I've now changed my opinion.

There should be a "Retard retardent" level, where if you go below spasdicated, you aren't allowed to type for a few days.

This would certainly eliminate most newbies, some regulars, and a certain notable who I think we all know I'm on about.

Now...take everything I say with a pinch of salt; I'm drunk. Sorry Miss.
Wed 22/01/03 at 19:11
Regular
That will confuse the little newbies, *looks at colour of name*.... *walks off*
Wed 22/01/03 at 19:04
Regular
Hmm, ythey should (yeah, it's been suggested before) n00b forum, where you post the first 100 there, then you can move to FOG chat as well, then after 200, you can go to the others (minus FOG prime) at the 300, you are evaluated by the regualars in ONE CERTAIN forum, if the number of SURE he can votes is equal to or more than the NO HE CAN'T votes, then he becomes regualar, oh, and it should be a proper Poll, which is automatically created at the 300th post, he stays a n00b until the YES he can votes, are more than the NO HE CAN'T votes at midnight of the day. Yes, I'm talking crap now.
Wed 22/01/03 at 16:59
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
As is Top Score.
Wed 22/01/03 at 16:54
pb wrote:
> I've found that there are quite a few newbies who try to start
> interesting and serious topics but are shot down rather than being
> helped out. When I was a newbie I was welcomed and shown the ropes, I
> think a bit more of that needs to happen these days.
>
> Besides, a website which is part amazing chatroom and part advert for
> a great games company needs to encourage fresh blood, not dismiss or
> ban it.

Agreed. However some deserve no help. coolcal and ilovechristinehamilton are trés annoying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.