GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UK GameCube will be released on......"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/01/02 at 19:14
Regular
I got an e-mail from a cErtAin software publisher this morning and it would appear that they have blow Nintendo's 'top secret' release schedule.

The release schedule listed all the game that would be available on 'day one' (or within a week of release) for both xBox and GameCube. Obviously the Xbox stuff was all around the 8th of March - no big deal.

However this publisher (and their a pretty darn big publisher, so I doubt they've got this wrong!) had all their release games for GameCube coming out on or around the 10th of April!

So there you have it - I’d pretty much bet my PS2 that the GC will be released in the UK on the 10th of April - give or take a few days either side.

Unfortunately for me this now means I’m going to have to buy an import GC as there is no way I can wait nearly 2 1/2 months.

I may be proved wrong when Mllia 2002 gets under way in Cannes early next month - as we all know this is when the Big N will ‘release the release date’ (classic Nintendo that!) but from what I read this morning in that release schedule and heard today I’m certain it's the 10/4/2002.
Which for fact fan out there, is five days before my birthday, and if I’m not mistaken petty much the exact same date the SNES was released in this country! I remember it well as I had one on the release date for my birthday!
Tue 22/01/02 at 19:14
"You love us!"
I got an e-mail from a cErtAin software publisher this morning and it would appear that they have blow Nintendo's 'top secret' release schedule.

The release schedule listed all the game that would be available on 'day one' (or within a week of release) for both xBox and GameCube. Obviously the Xbox stuff was all around the 8th of March - no big deal.

However this publisher (and their a pretty darn big publisher, so I doubt they've got this wrong!) had all their release games for GameCube coming out on or around the 10th of April!

So there you have it - I’d pretty much bet my PS2 that the GC will be released in the UK on the 10th of April - give or take a few days either side.

Unfortunately for me this now means I’m going to have to buy an import GC as there is no way I can wait nearly 2 1/2 months.

I may be proved wrong when Mllia 2002 gets under way in Cannes early next month - as we all know this is when the Big N will ‘release the release date’ (classic Nintendo that!) but from what I read this morning in that release schedule and heard today I’m certain it's the 10/4/2002.
Which for fact fan out there, is five days before my birthday, and if I’m not mistaken petty much the exact same date the SNES was released in this country! I remember it well as I had one on the release date for my birthday!
Tue 22/01/02 at 19:23
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Yawn, why don't you just say it - EA! Besides, I still firmly believe we're looking at a March release. I mean come on...they may be the biggest 3rd party publisher on the Earth, but who honestly trusts THEM?!
Tue 22/01/02 at 19:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
EA actually say that they are releasing SSX Tricky on 17th March, which certainly wouldn't be right if it was out before the GC.
Tue 22/01/02 at 20:17
"You love us!"
Fair enough.....we'll wait and see i guess.

But don't be overly surprised if come the 10th of April i;m saying i told you so. ;-)
Wed 23/01/02 at 00:13
I believe it was teh 5th or april they listed according to
trade magazine CTW and MCV (thanks tony :) i read it at least)
Wed 23/01/02 at 10:55
Regular
It would be nice to see it in march but April is just as likely. 13 Days until the anouncement.
Wed 23/01/02 at 12:45
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
AfroJoe wrote:
> EA actually say that they are releasing SSX Tricky on 17th March, which
> certainly wouldn't be right if it was out before the GC.

Not necessarily, it's not unheard of for a publisher to release their titles prior to a launch.

Lucasarts did it with Rogue Squadron 2 in the States.
Wed 23/01/02 at 12:45
Sorry but i have known that for months now it was in one of my magazines i think it was CVG and EA had messed up.

Won't it be funny though if the gamecube dosn't come out then but EAs game (what ever it is) does?
Wed 23/01/02 at 12:48
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Before the N64 was released there were games on the release schedule that were due to come out before the N64 itself was released, but they didn't come out then.
So i wouldn't take much notice of the games release schedule for the Gamecube.
Wed 23/01/02 at 16:38
Regular
Tyranitar Master wrote:
Won't it be funny though if the gamecube
> dosn't come out then but EAs game (what ever it is) does?

It'd be tempting to buy it though, just to have a look : )

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.