GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you want to know where you can get cheap xbox games???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/01/03 at 01:55
Regular
I am looking for help, I am doing some research and in the middle of opening a online shop. dealing with xbox consoles, extras and obviously xbox games. Shops are marking these games up so far it is unreal and nearly every game going onto my site is reduced by at LEAST £5. The site is not finished yet but for anyone who wants to have a look and let me know what you think I would be most greatful! The site will be opening on Monday 27th January 2002, please do not place any orders if you visit and can't wait to get your hands on these items. As all orders will not be processed until Monday morning. Feel free to add yourself to the mailing list and you will then recive all updates as and when they happen. One last thing I am looking at working on a discount system as well everytime you buy a game from xbox4less your discount rating will go up making the next game a bit cheaper so it makes sence to stay with xbox4less for all your xbox needs. The address if you would like to have a look is www.xbox4less.co.uk
Wed 22/01/03 at 01:55
I am looking for help, I am doing some research and in the middle of opening a online shop. dealing with xbox consoles, extras and obviously xbox games. Shops are marking these games up so far it is unreal and nearly every game going onto my site is reduced by at LEAST £5. The site is not finished yet but for anyone who wants to have a look and let me know what you think I would be most greatful! The site will be opening on Monday 27th January 2002, please do not place any orders if you visit and can't wait to get your hands on these items. As all orders will not be processed until Monday morning. Feel free to add yourself to the mailing list and you will then recive all updates as and when they happen. One last thing I am looking at working on a discount system as well everytime you buy a game from xbox4less your discount rating will go up making the next game a bit cheaper so it makes sence to stay with xbox4less for all your xbox needs. The address if you would like to have a look is www.xbox4less.co.uk
Wed 22/01/03 at 10:01
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I also run an online business (nothing to do with computer games) and I have a few comments and questions. First thing, why do you only have one game on the home page? You need more. I see that at the moment there is no charge for postage, will this always be so? If so make a big thing out of it. At the top of the screen where you have Home, Search etc you should also have Games, Hardware I know you have it further down but its easier for the shopper if its up there as well. When you are up and running will you be taking orders just from paypal users or anyone with a card? I think your discount system is a good idea as long as you do not make it complicated. Have you registered with search engines yet? As these can take up to 2 months for you site to be added. Why have you limited your self just to Xbox? Are you are planing to start with Xbox and then to expand? If so it may be a good idea to register ps24less etc.

Good luck in your venture and if you any questions please post them
Wed 22/01/03 at 10:19
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I suppose it depends on which shops you buy from as to how marked up they are, Gamestation and SR are pretty fair on prices, good luck with the shop though. Have you considered selling stock on Ebay ? Prices are pretty high for new games and every person who buys from you can be added to a mailing list and may buy direct from you, plus it'd be an easier way to expand into other console stuff ?

~~Belldandy~~
Wed 22/01/03 at 13:37
"slightlyshortertagl"
Good luck.
Wed 22/01/03 at 18:41
Regular
Good luck (though Special Reserve won't approve). However, you're not going to get much business unless you pull off something really special. Think about it - SR usually sell games £5.00 below the retail price. Where d'you think I'm going to buy from? SR, yep.

By the way, are you doing PS2 and GameCube games?
Wed 22/01/03 at 20:09
Regular
well...let me think u r on special reserve DISCOUNT mags site.....where do you think?????????????????????????????????????
Thu 23/01/03 at 19:57
Regular
Rhetorical question, mate.
Thu 23/01/03 at 20:30
Regular
"me smart, u dork bi"
http://www.Lik-sang.com excellent prices on accessories and hardware (discount on over 5 purchases) fast and reliable no pal games though.
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:42
thank you for you help and messages unfortunatly I lost the ability to connect to my site as i was upgrading it (after i posted this message) :( my games are starting from £18.50!! which is £20 of the list price for some. In answer to a couple of questions It will always be free postage also there will be a special offers page with some second hand games and REALLY discounted games, I have already listed with the search engines and I found out then it takes a while. the site is a bit more up to date now and should be finished by Monday coming. check back soon to see what has changed! www.xbox4less.co.uk
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:45
check back now, i have things more like i want them, with prices that might make your eyes open

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.