GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ps2 online- all the info!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/01/03 at 21:05
Regular
Well its what everyone has and still is waiting for- the playstation2 to officially go ONLINE!

The USA received this fantastic gaming opportunity four months ago and in Japan they have had this broadband gaming opportunity since early 2002. So when is it coming out in the Uk i hear you crying out! Well its been officially announced that it will be available for all UK gamers to also play online by April 2003 which is when this worldwide phenomenon finally reaches here and will probably be a huge success as so many people can't wait for it and have had broadband installed especially for that reason!

The games that you will be able to play online are: SOCOM-US Navy Seals, This is Football 2004,Gran Turismo 4, ATV offroad,Hardware:online arena, Ace Combat 5,Fifa 2004, Tiger Woods 2004, Tribes:Aerial Assualt, Destruction Derby Online, WRC Online, Twisted Metal Online, Maden 2003 online and many more including some little kids games like My Street.You will be able to play against other people around the globe using your headphones and microphone which are attached to each other!

The price of the ps2 online will be only £44.99 (about the same amount as a game)providing you already have a broadband internet connection. This includes a Broadband Gaming Pack which comes with a free game (Hardware:Online Arena), a demo disc featuring playable demos and game videos, a start-up disc and all the important Network Adaptor.

Security is assured as it has a DNAS which will stop hackers logging on with your user name and password to play games for free.

ADSL means you can be broadband connected via your existing telephone line-it is essentially a faster internet connection. The other choice is to plug into a set-top box that comes when you sign up to NTL or Telewest Cable Services.

So we know ps2 online is hitting the UK in April this year and should be a big hit. I hope I have answered some of your questions about the price of it and what games will be availiable to play online against other gamers around the UK and the world!

Thanks for reading!

pring
Thu 06/02/03 at 11:34
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The signup form for online trials of the Broadband Network Adaptor is now available at http://uk.playstation.com

Conditions:

You've got to be over 18
You've got to have Broadband
You've got to have a PS2 and Memory Card
You've got to have a debit/credit card.

I signed up this morning, should hear in March/April if I've been accepted.

Isn't March/April Springtime anyway, when the service is meant to rollout fullscale? In which case, is this form just a trick by Sony to find out how many people are actually going to be using online services via the PS2?

Hmmm, crafty, maybe.
Mon 03/02/03 at 15:31
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I signed up for Broadband last week. I want to be ready for when this happens, the thought of Ace Combat online is pant wettingly appealing.

Pay per game will be bad - what if its a game you really like that isn't all that popular, or is quite old? There will be hardly anyone online to play against. If it's a monthly subscription (or a better option!) then people will be more likely to play other games too.
Sun 02/02/03 at 14:51
Regular
"You only live twice"
erm when is Ace Combat 5 coming out?
Sat 01/02/03 at 23:01
"For the horde!!!!"
lalakersrule wrote:
> pring wrote:
> It will be great but there is bound to be something that will go
> wrong! It may get annoying if the person you are trying to kill on
> SOCOM :US Navy Seals keeps running away so you havent got enough
> time
> to aim.
>
>
> And not forgetting the old menace of FPS - Campers

campers arn't so bad because they are still targets but i hate hoarders who stay close to quad damage or stand on health packs all the time when you fight
Sat 01/02/03 at 16:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
pring wrote:
> It will be great but there is bound to be something that will go
> wrong! It may get annoying if the person you are trying to kill on
> SOCOM :US Navy Seals keeps running away so you havent got enough time
> to aim.

And not forgetting the old menace of FPS - Campers
Sat 01/02/03 at 14:06
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
It will be great but there is bound to be something that will go wrong! It may get annoying if the person you are trying to kill on SOCOM :US Navy Seals keeps running away so you havent got enough time to aim.
Mon 27/01/03 at 14:26
"For the horde!!!!"
i used to think the idea of online gameing was great but playing Quake 3 and Everquest on the PC it's not all that i mean lag, disconnection problems, costs and other players just been idiots i prefer normal games now becides A.I is improving nowadays. Timesplitters 2 for example as a great match just with bots or with a mate holding the other controller.
Sat 25/01/03 at 21:48
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> If you want to be in with a chance of the UK beta testing of PS2
> Online head on over to http://uk.playstation.com and click on the
> 'Pre-register your interest in network gaming now!' banner (right side
> of screen near the top).
>
> Don't ask me any more about it, because I don't know any more about
> it.

Thanks FantasyMeister! I will go on it tomorrow!
Sat 25/01/03 at 21:30
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
If you want to be in with a chance of the UK beta testing of PS2 Online head on over to http://uk.playstation.com and click on the 'Pre-register your interest in network gaming now!' banner (right side of screen near the top).

Don't ask me any more about it, because I don't know any more about it.
Sat 25/01/03 at 21:25
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
It will be good not having to pay a monthly subscription (like on the x-box live) and just buying the games and have unlimited game time and not getting charge per minute etc...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.