GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid Movie"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Wed 22/01/03 at 23:07
Regular
Samus is going to appear on the big screen:

From CubeEurope:
Comingsoon has recently reported that there are plans to release a Metroid Movie by Zide/Perry Entertainment who have brought the "feature rights". No directors or actors have been announced but the basic plot has been.

The story is set in a once peaceful galaxy, which has its prosperity shattered by a startling discovery: On a routine mapping expedition of a planet, a survey crew discovers a new airborne life form -- the Metroid. Able to engulf other living beings, feed on their energy, and multiply in great numbers, they prove a terrifying menace. Female bounty hunter Samus Aran is commissioned by the Galactic Federation to eliminate the pests, but she soon discovers that pirates with a stolen Metroid specimen are plotting to breed an build an unstoppable army.

Sounding good, just hope its not like the dull Resident Evil movie.
Mon 27/01/03 at 11:23
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
If they muck up this movie I will be so p****d off.
The games have a great ethos and story for a computer game.If they can transport the setting,creatures and characters from some of the Metroid games and keep it faithful, it could be good. Just as long as they don't muck it up with a bad actress, rubbish effects,ommisions (like samus without a suit or certain abilities :( grr!), or try to add some pathetic made-for-movie stuff or suchlike it could be great (well,compared to all the other hokey games to film conversions).
Keep it short,metroid'y' and stick to the GAMES unlike the others, it could be great.

Oh, and on the subject of Metroid not being big enough, once the GC game adn Sequel get into full flow,it should be plenty famous.

Here's hoping fo the first good film-to-movie conversion.

PS. the Metroid Series is great!
Sun 26/01/03 at 16:22
Regular
Angelina Jolie might be good at Samus. And maybe that girl from Daredevil.
Sun 26/01/03 at 12:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Thanks to Chips for some a few ideas, btw.
Sun 26/01/03 at 12:33
Regular
"thursdayton!"
People who'll be rubbish as Samus:

Sarah Michelle Gellar: Too hands on. Prefers punching to shooting.
Pamela Anderson: Never fit in the suit
Julia Roberts: The most boring actress ever.
Jade Goodie: Just imagine Samus with her voice. Not that Samus speaks anyway, but she will in the films.
Mageret Thatcher: Jumping would probably kill her. Which, in a way is a good thing. Yay! But it would muck up the movie so no.
Carol Smilie: would want to redesign the suit
My sister: just looking at her face in the visor would crack it, causing her to die. What a shame.

Well, do you have any other suggestions? *points*
Sat 25/01/03 at 22:36
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Yea, I know... Someone did a Topic about it here. And god, I feel sorry for who ever agreed to make it. Think about it though,

Plot, Action and the reality... Meaning is it Graphical or Real life (Argh!)

It isn't going to work and madly, I could think of thousands of films they could of done instead.
Sat 25/01/03 at 22:32
Regular
This movie will rock. Fact. Well, hopefully..

Oh, and did anyone hear about the up and coming Pac-Man movie? And no, I'm not joking. Unfortunately...
Thu 23/01/03 at 19:31
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Turak wrote:
> reckonishion

Your phonetically spelled version of recognition was fantastic.
Thu 23/01/03 at 19:12
is it computer or human? And i don't think the reckonishion of metroid matters really, if its well advertised it will do well.
Thu 23/01/03 at 17:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
There was a large article in PC ZONE or Gamer about game to film conversions. It was very interesting.
Not enough people recognise Metroid for it to be a successful 'movie'.
Thu 23/01/03 at 16:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Imagine the SFX.........

Indeed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.