GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driver 3 shots in PSW."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Thu 23/01/03 at 13:45
Regular
Yeah, first shots apparently. Looks very nice. You can tell it's driver, that rugid look reflections tend to go for. So far I can see police chases, palm trees, detailed shop fronts, licensed Mustangs, and a Citroen dolly. Can't see any people or on foot sections yet.
Thu 23/01/03 at 13:45
Regular
"  "
Yeah, first shots apparently. Looks very nice. You can tell it's driver, that rugid look reflections tend to go for. So far I can see police chases, palm trees, detailed shop fronts, licensed Mustangs, and a Citroen dolly. Can't see any people or on foot sections yet.
Thu 23/01/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Nat, two things.

1. Time to change your tagline
2. I guess you failed English ? (rugid -> rugged)

David
Thu 23/01/03 at 20:21
Regular
"  "
I was waiting for someone to say, and, whoops. :)
Thu 23/01/03 at 20:28
"period drama"
I played Driver the other day, amd almost threw up up the graphics. Go play it and you'll faint at how much graphics have progressed - and the game as a whole is sooooo slllllooowwwww.

Anywho, Driver's got a lot more competition these days - it used to be groundbreaking but now looks tame and boring compared to GTA (either 3D one) or the Getaway.
Plus, True Crimes of LA is out soon(ish) which looks slightly similar.

I did read that Driver is now packing some serious fire-power to keep up with these games. And, perhaps, Tanner can walk normally now - not like he's got a fence post up with backside. And the peds might not run though the walls.
And there might be some mroe interesting things to do other than some secret-ish cars to unlock.
Thu 23/01/03 at 20:35
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
I agree with FFF there, GTA has lowered much anticipation for Driver 3.
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:30
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Driver 3 looks as if it's gonna be amazing, my anticipation rating is off the scale. This is certainly one of my most sought after games.

Im gonna pre-order it from SR very shortly, but it's a shame I have to wait until next year for the release.

:(

Oh, and I dont think the cars are liscensed either, their just very good imitations.

:)
Thu 23/01/03 at 21:42
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I also think it'll be amazing!

The second one is still great!
Thu 23/01/03 at 22:27
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Isnae oot til 2fousand an 4.

Translation:
Isn't out until 2004.

:-(
Sat 25/01/03 at 10:50
Regular
"  "
Lou Role wrote:
>
> Oh, and I dont think the cars are liscensed either, their just very
> good imitations.
>
> :)

Well I saw a screenshot which had the front of a car and you could clearly see a mustang badge.
Sat 25/01/03 at 13:19
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Looking good, if a little blocky. I do think Driver 3 will be as good as GTA, for the simple fact that the previous two games had the best car chases ever in a game. Sure the cop A.I. was a bit naff, but it was still exciting taking you're tail down the wrong side of the road and forcing them straight into oncoming traffic.

I expect the same chase bits will be in the third instalment of the game, they better be anyway.

Oh, and before anyone says, I know it's not the car chases that will make the game, but they will go further in providing hours worth of entertainment after you finish the game, something not even GTA or the Getaway can provide.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.