GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RGB Cable"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/01/02 at 20:31
Regular
Does anyone know if the ultimate rgb cable on sale on Special Reserve, is able to be connected to a stereo system/amplifier.
Thu 24/01/02 at 15:05
Regular
I got the ultimate RGB scart lead, a brand new PS2 running on a sony wega tv.... and i STILL get a green screen. There is tiny swithc on the scart lead to switch between Game and DVD. On DVD playback i still get a green screen.. god knows why, and nobody else seems to know.
maybe the cable is faulty, anyone else have probs??
The ps2 manual does however say that on DVD playback, if you are connecting using RGB, then it wont work and will give u a green screen - its designed that way. And i thought the ultimate RGB scart lead was supposed to fix that!!!
Thu 24/01/02 at 13:59
If we're talking about the same cable then one of the audio plugs is red and the other is a bluey clear colour.

Basically, you can identify that one is red - the other is supposed to be white (or sometimes you get red & black on these audio leads also).

Bottom line is that the Blaze Ultimate RGB lead has a scart socket and seperate audio leads (the leads come from the scart end not the ps2 socket end which I've found much more helpful).
Thu 24/01/02 at 13:51
Or†ega wrote:
> I dont really know what the wires do...but i'll tell ya what i can see.

At
> the back of the part that connects to the PS2 is a yellow input thingy. Maybe
> you can shove somthing in there.

OH yeh, and coming out of the back of the
> Scart socket connecting to the TV are two Wires. One Red and one normal. I think
> they must be for connecting to an audio device.

Hope this helps.

You say one red and one normal wire, is the normal wire white.
Mon 21/01/02 at 22:47
If it's the Blaze one then yes, it has a scart lead and seperate audio leads.
Mon 21/01/02 at 21:09
Regular
I dont really know what the wires do...but i'll tell ya what i can see.

At the back of the part that connects to the PS2 is a yellow input thingy. Maybe you can shove somthing in there.

OH yeh, and coming out of the back of the Scart socket connecting to the TV are two Wires. One Red and one normal. I think they must be for connecting to an audio device.

Hope this helps.
Mon 21/01/02 at 20:31
Does anyone know if the ultimate rgb cable on sale on Special Reserve, is able to be connected to a stereo system/amplifier.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.