GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What to choose?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/01/03 at 18:07
Regular
Tomorrow I will be picking up a new GameCube game yet I am really unsure of what to get. The short list I have made so far is:

Super Mario Sunshine
Eternal Darkness
Wave Race Bluestorm
Die Hard Vendetta
Super Smash Brothers

I enjoy games which are challenging, long, contain very good graphics and that support Pro Logic 2! I have Resident Evil and Rouge Leader 2 already and I was looking for something along that line of gaming or something that is COMPLETLEY different. Although that might sound strange there is logic behind it, I enjoy games like Resident Evil but I would also like to change to a different style of game so that I don't end up with all the same style in my collection. Please don't recommend Multi-Format games as I get them for my Xbox, however I am wanting a great Exclusive that will keep me playing over and over! Any ideas?

p.s TimeSplitters 2 is one of the worst games I have ever played and I do mean that so please try to avoid putting it down :)

Cheers!
Thu 23/01/03 at 18:07
Regular
Tomorrow I will be picking up a new GameCube game yet I am really unsure of what to get. The short list I have made so far is:

Super Mario Sunshine
Eternal Darkness
Wave Race Bluestorm
Die Hard Vendetta
Super Smash Brothers

I enjoy games which are challenging, long, contain very good graphics and that support Pro Logic 2! I have Resident Evil and Rouge Leader 2 already and I was looking for something along that line of gaming or something that is COMPLETLEY different. Although that might sound strange there is logic behind it, I enjoy games like Resident Evil but I would also like to change to a different style of game so that I don't end up with all the same style in my collection. Please don't recommend Multi-Format games as I get them for my Xbox, however I am wanting a great Exclusive that will keep me playing over and over! Any ideas?

p.s TimeSplitters 2 is one of the worst games I have ever played and I do mean that so please try to avoid putting it down :)

Cheers!
Thu 23/01/03 at 18:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I would say Eternal Darkness, but you might want Mario, if it appeals to you.
You can get Wave Race for about £15, and Die Hard is more of a renter.
SSBM is good, but I don't know how long it will last you.
I would go for Eternal Darkness, as you will probably be disappointed with Mario.
Thu 23/01/03 at 18:19
Regular
I'd agree much with Gerrid there, but, I prefer Mario WAY more, probably because of that brown stain on my bottom, oh, and, if you want to keep YOUR sanity, DON'T PLAY IT AT NIGHT WITH THE LIGHTS OFF AND NO-ONE IN!!!
Thu 23/01/03 at 18:21
Regular
Cheers Gerrid, Eternal Darkness is what I am edging towards but I Wave Race is a big possibility. Does Wave Race have a long single player? May I also add that Multi-Players do not interest me so I am looknig for a game with a great single player and so far Eternal Darkness looks like the best choice.
Thu 23/01/03 at 18:23
Regular
Waverace is haaarrrrrd so will take you ages.

And if you aren't interested in multi-player then you are an idiot. Have you any idea how much SSBM is in 3/4 player mode?

Or do you not have any friends?
Regular
fun*
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Wave Race, as I said, is cheap, and you could buy that as well, if you found Eternal Darkness with a few pounds knocked off.
Thu 23/01/03 at 18:46
Regular
WS my friends aren't into games that live around my area and my Brother is 21 so he isn't interested. So incase you can't work it out I aren't into Multi-player games!

It is between Eternal Darknessand Wave Race yet I am not convinced on which to get as of yet! Any additional information on each games and their single player modes?
Thu 23/01/03 at 18:48
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Sunshine.
Thu 23/01/03 at 18:48
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ah, you have it.

I thought you said you didn't.

PIKMIN!

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.