GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So what did you think of the Rumble???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/01/02 at 15:44
Regular
???
Thu 24/01/02 at 08:18
"©opy Right™"
I didnt think it was that good!
Thu 24/01/02 at 00:46
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Undertaker did put Maven over the top rope after he'd already been eliminated himself, but I'm not sure what the ruling is on that.
Wed 23/01/02 at 22:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I enjoyed the main Royal Rumble event. I wish i could enter it cause i have a great tactic - whenever you get thrown out make sure both feet don't touch the floor. If you go out slowly, balance on 1 leg and hop back into the ring :-) If you go out harder, try to land flat on your back, arms out and 1 leg in the air :-) You might be on your back and very much supposedly out but thats the loop hole in the "current" rules. Funny how this "both feet must touch the floor" trash came into effect as soon as Michaels should have really been out.

As for the rest of the matches, there wasn't anything particularly wonderful. Anyone else noticed this ? Regal gets the knucks out and clobbers someone and JR is like "oh what a cheat ! how can he sleep at night with the way he won that ??". Now, someone like Flair will hoof someone in the nads and suddenly thats different, its like "there you have it folks, dirtiest player in the game, good on ya Ric !". The same goes for plenty of acts by the likes of Stone Cold. The heels are cheating scum for doing it while the popular wrestlers are, well, they're allowed to do it ! They're the good guys :-)

Sick of watching the WWF title matches though nowadays, its always the same old rubbish. Could anyone be so blind as to not notice the angle of Jericho's body when he pinned the Rock ??? Being "a little groggy" wouldn't stop you noticing that the guy was like 90 degrees in the air !

Doesn't seem all that long ago that Vince was saying how he thought that we the viewers were "quite frankly tired of having our intelligence insulted". Very good Vince, so why are you still doing it ???? Its like theres no such thing as a competitive match anymore, every title match has to end in controvercy ! If the "good guy" wins, he has to fight through a barrage of interruptions, chair shots and cheating. Its so boring when its that same thing everytime.

Anyway, I enjoyed the main Rumble match, its the only WWF event I'll pay for cause the PPV things tend to be rubbish more often than good. At least with the Rumble its something different. I miss the old Survivor Series really, that used to be good to watch. Full of matches of teams of 4 with the survivors going into a final :-)
Nowadays, watching the Survivor Series is no different than watching Summerslam or No Way Out.
Wed 23/01/02 at 21:17
Regular
"Guess who..."
Ant wrote:
> I though the Rumble was great.

The only thing that ruined it was the main
> eventers and smaller wrestlers weren't spread out. All main eventers were at the
> end, expect for Taker.

Dudleyz vs Spike and Tazz

Very fast, action-paced
> and short. I thought it was entertaining, and was surprised at the
> outcome.

Edge vs Regal

Worst match of the night, but still, pretty good.
> Boring in places, good in some.

Jazz vs Trish

Very good women's match,
> although the end was really stupid. Trish should never have beaten Jazz, but
> hey, the match was great.

Flair vs McMahon

I'm glad Flair won it, and
> overall this match was okay for the material it had. McMahon looked big, Flair
> looked a bit out of shape but performed well, and the involvement of Flair's
> family was a nice addition too.

Jericho vs Rock

Best match of the night.
> Very fast paced, lots of action, and the winner was Jericho!!

If you're all
> miffed about the Jericho situation, then here's an explanation. Jericho is a
> heel, he will cheat as much as it takes. He has the talent, but Rock is
> superhuman. He never taps, and kicks out of everything-2 Lionsaults, shots to
> the head with a belt etc. No one, with the exception of Austin or HHH maybe will
> EVER beat Rock cleanly. He's had his time, it's Jericho's turn now and so far
> I'm impressed.

Rumble

Good apart from the order. Some great moments,
> Scotty did the WORM and I liked the push of Maven.

Overall, excellent
> entertainment, and as long as Jericho beats Rock it's good enough for me. {:)

Superhuman huh? I never thought of it that way. Maybe I'm not giving him enough credit...
Wed 23/01/02 at 18:53
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Scott Giles wrote:
> Well you seem to be the first person to like The PPV overall Ant.

Psst, that's because Ant is a newbie to wrestling and still thinks that it rocks even though it is slightly boring now.

:D
Wed 23/01/02 at 18:43
Regular
Well you seem to be the first person to like The PPV overall Ant.
Wed 23/01/02 at 18:17
Regular
"I like cheese"
I though the Rumble was great.

The only thing that ruined it was the main eventers and smaller wrestlers weren't spread out. All main eventers were at the end, expect for Taker.

Dudleyz vs Spike and Tazz

Very fast, action-paced and short. I thought it was entertaining, and was surprised at the outcome.

Edge vs Regal

Worst match of the night, but still, pretty good. Boring in places, good in some.

Jazz vs Trish

Very good women's match, although the end was really stupid. Trish should never have beaten Jazz, but hey, the match was great.

Flair vs McMahon

I'm glad Flair won it, and overall this match was okay for the material it had. McMahon looked big, Flair looked a bit out of shape but performed well, and the involvement of Flair's family was a nice addition too.

Jericho vs Rock

Best match of the night. Very fast paced, lots of action, and the winner was Jericho!!

If you're all miffed about the Jericho situation, then here's an explanation. Jericho is a heel, he will cheat as much as it takes. He has the talent, but Rock is superhuman. He never taps, and kicks out of everything-2 Lionsaults, shots to the head with a belt etc. No one, with the exception of Austin or HHH maybe will EVER beat Rock cleanly. He's had his time, it's Jericho's turn now and so far I'm impressed.

Rumble

Good apart from the order. Some great moments, Scotty did the WORM and I liked the push of Maven.

Overall, excellent entertainment, and as long as Jericho beats Rock it's good enough for me. {:)
Wed 23/01/02 at 17:55
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Devil-Dude ²ºº² wrote:
> But then i suppose Rock will win the title at no way out or something, so that
> he would face HHH at wrestle mania.
I think the WWF will do that because it
> would probably be better than HHH Vs Jericho :(

How did Rock lose? Wa he
> screwed? Again?!

First of all, Jericho knocked out Hebner so that Nick Patrick would come down to the ring, then he screwed Rock first, not counting so the Rock Rock Bottomed him, then Y2J hit Rock with the belt and when Hebner got back up Jericho used the ropes for leveridge.

Not exactly the most convincing win of Jericho's career.
Wed 23/01/02 at 17:35
Regular
"Guess who..."
Devil-Dude ²ºº² wrote:
> But then i suppose Rock will win the title at no way out or something, so that
> he would face HHH at wrestle mania.
I think the WWF will do that because it
> would probably be better than HHH Vs Jericho :(

How did Rock lose? Wa he
> screwed? Again?!

Yeah! It's becoming too predictable now. He ALWAYS looses! He plays too fair! If he did his fair share of screwing he might win his first match!
Wed 23/01/02 at 01:04
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
VenomByte wrote:

Does anyone know
> what the ruling is for getting put out by someone who's already been eliminated?
> Techincally, I don't think Maven was eliminated....

i cant remeber taker or anyone putting Maven over the top rope (see my post called - who one the royal rumble - HHH or maven???)

>Also, Vince McMahon has seriously been on the steroids....

i also said this in the post i mentiod above :))

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.