GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"£100 SPENDING SPREE !"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/09/00 at 18:17
Regular
If a friend said they had £100 to spend on their playstion, what would you tell them to buy? I searched this website to see what I could get, I was pleasantly surprised:

ISS PRO EVOLUTION - The Greatest football game of all time, nobody should be without this game. £28.99 (Save £11)

DIE HARD TRILOGY WITH ZYKON LIGHT GUN - Excellent gun game, at this price shouldn't be missed. £16.99 (Save £23)

EA TRIPLE PACK VOL 4 (Includes C&C Red Alert, Theme Park and Populous The Beginning). - Worth it just for Command and Conquer Red Alert. £17.99 (Save £17)

SPECIAL RESERVE MEMBERSHIP/RENEWAL - With a choice of free gift (I would get the 2 playstation joypads). - Great Value for £6.99

DRIVER - Possibly the best playstation driving game ever, great fun to play. £18.99 (Save £26)

INTERACT MULTI TAP 4 PLAYER ADAPTOR FOR PLAYSTATION - Now those extrapads can be used for multiplayer games such as ISS PRO EVOLUTION. £9.99 (Save £10)

Well that's what I would get for £100; it would save me over £87 too. Of course my choice was heavily swayed by ISS PRO EVOLUTION one of the greatest multiplayer games of all time. I also don't think any playstation owner should be without a multitap, so many games are better when played with friends (e.g. WWF ATTITUDE, FIFA etc…). The above list is for the playstion, how would you spend £100 on your PC, Dreamcast, N64 or Gameboy ???
Mon 11/09/00 at 22:48
Mate have you seen shenmue just look anywhere it is not a rpg it is a free basically a gamre where everything is interactive look on this site it is the most amazing game ever it is true to real life.
Mon 11/09/00 at 22:34
Who Cares? If Shenmue is an RPG, which i think you said it is then:
Baldur's Gate, Torment, Fallout, Fallout2... and so forth are all great RPGs (True style, straight from the pen and paper ones) and if you like hack and slash you can have Diablo2. Note that the best RPGs are by BLack Isle, who are still making more, which is a good thing!
Mon 11/09/00 at 22:15
but is there shenmue?
Mon 11/09/00 at 22:11
Glad to hear it, it's nice to know that good PC games are being made for the Dreamcast, and of course other consoles. Although, i don't see why people don't just buy PCs since so many good games come out for it!
Mon 11/09/00 at 22:00
gronti,so you recomend swat 3 ,good because that because that is coming out for the dreamcast later on in the year.
Mon 11/09/00 at 21:57
I never liked Rainbow six, if you got shot your squad would just step up behind you and get shot too, one by one... Swat 3 was better because they had better AI, presumably this is one thing missing in the Dreamcast version though (i mean the stupidity) which can only be good. Stealth games eh? Hitman: Codename 47 looks like a good one, let's hope it's not a dissapointment like thief (that is where there are two missions involving normal sneaking and theivery while the rest all contain zombies or demons, or ghosts, or some kind of unusual creature, or tomb raiding... i hated that, false advertising really. Oh and somewhat predictable.)
Mon 11/09/00 at 21:50
With a 100 nicker i would buy a mad catz steering wheel(40)then i would buy Ferrari F355 Challange on the Dreamcast purely to play the best arcade game around in all its graphical beauty(30)then with the remaining 30 i would spend it on Rainbow Six for the Dreamcast apparently it is better than the pc version which is already stunning so a stealth game and a racing you cant go wrong.
Mon 11/09/00 at 21:41
ha ha ha, that makes me laugh!
somthing as small and cool as a gameboy advanced is as powerful as a playstation, and its probably better!
ha ha ha!
Mon 11/09/00 at 21:39
For my 100 squid i would get Deus Ex, Black & White, Monkey Island 4 and i would keep the last about £10 so that i can get Hitman: Codename 47 when i get the other £20 (and when it arrives on the Special Reserve stock list). Yes i realise that two of the games aren't out yet, but i really want to get them, so i'd get them on the day of release from Special Reserve!
Mon 11/09/00 at 21:33
£100 on their playstation? I'd tell them to sell it and by a Gameboy Advance when it comes out! some games same quality as PS, most of them better than SNES, loads of games out already!

Then they'd have a huge choice of games!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.