GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"black and white picture"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/01/03 at 11:28
Regular
Hi can any one help when i play a dvd with region all written on it ,it will only play in black and white on my portable tv.
Sat 25/01/03 at 11:28
Hi can any one help when i play a dvd with region all written on it ,it will only play in black and white on my portable tv.
Sat 25/01/03 at 11:36
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Not quite sure what 'region written all over it' means, but if it's not a Region 2 DVD (i.e. European), it probably means that your ickle portable TV doesn't accept a SCART signal (the TV signal used in the states). Try hooking it up through a SCART cable to a nice big modern TV, and Bob's your Uncle.

If that doesn't work, placate yourself with a box of Ritz and some extra mature cheddar. You know you want to.
Sat 25/01/03 at 14:47
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Jonman wrote:
> (the TV signal used in the states)

I think you mean NTSC in the USofA, we have PAL over here! Scart leads are standard throughout the world....it's the NTSC signal that's probably causing it.
Sat 25/01/03 at 14:47
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Your portable TV probably doesn't support NTSC (the American format).

What are you using to connect it? RGB or composite?

If you're using composite, you could try RGB - that might work. If not, ask a forum member called Hercules what he did, I recall he had this problem a while back and got it fixed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.