GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats a decent napster alternative?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/01/02 at 19:08
Regular
any ideas?
Mon 21/01/02 at 13:35
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Really can't understand how people have problems with Audio Galaxy - my last 400/500 MP3s have came via them, including maybe about 20 hour plus DJ sets (that's 20 individual set of over an hour, not... you knw what I mean!).

It's totally stable, you can trust it enough to leave it on overnight and you can always get what you want.
Mon 21/01/02 at 12:11
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
It's free + if your getting a pirate, I don't think quality is the main issue, although most of my pirates have either subtitle or a constant fade, but thats VHS, these are digital... can't see why so many people have 300mb+ videos on their hdd though.
Mon 21/01/02 at 11:46
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Fogmaster wrote:
but my friend got
> "The Fast and the Furious" the other day to test his DVDR, lucky
> guy....

I got that when it first came out. But its rubbish quality like they all are, unless they are big DVD rips. But I have Fast And The Furious on DVD now.
Mon 21/01/02 at 11:39
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I've had a few pieces of software from them, but most of it, surprisingly has missing files.
but it's good, most users have good pings, and they always have the files you want, it's just like Napster but it works and you can download more than music.

never used it to download any films, but my friend got "The Fast and the Furious" the other day to test his DVDR, lucky guy....
Mon 21/01/02 at 11:24
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Morpheus and Kazaa are the same program. I think if Kazaa does use the spy software then Morpheus would also use the same spy software.

For me I use Kazaa. I have been using it for 8 months now and found it to be good. I dont use it too much for music, but all the tracks I have wanted have been on there. Also you get other files like movies and tv episodes that arent out over here on TV or in the cinema.
Mon 21/01/02 at 11:18
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Morpheus and Kazaa are the same program, just under a different name, or so I thought, you'd get the same files which ever one you used, it's not just kazaa users that are on kazaa.
Sun 20/01/02 at 20:08
Regular
"That's right!"
Audio Galaxy was terrible, WinMX was OK but had bugs

I currently use Kazaa, it's really good but has spy software on it which they use to see what's on your PC and what you're doing... Great eh? Kazaa users may have noticed a box in the top left of their screen while using Kazaa, that's the software.

I may start to use Morpheus because it doesn't have any of this and is apparantly as good as Kazaa
Sun 20/01/02 at 20:03
Regular
"5,6,7,8............"
when one shuts down there is always another to take its place, such as bear share
(but I like audio galaxy the best, can almost always find what you want, and a lot of stuff doesn't take that long to download, just sometimes you don't get the full version of the song you want)
Sun 20/01/02 at 20:00
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
you could just virusscan the files before you try them, takes a few seconds.

I thought AudioGalaxy was shutting down soon though?
Sun 20/01/02 at 19:58
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Totoro - what do you think? Of course it isn't "legit".

Audio Galaxy is by far the best alternative to Napster, in fact I'd stopped using Napster long before it was shut down as AG is miles better than any of the file swapping tool as it is intelligent and highly automated so downloading your music is dead easy. Also less likely to get virus and torojans that seem associated with Morphius/Kazza etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.