GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Demo Disks?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/01/03 at 16:31
Regular
Any signs yet or any news?

I want them, now.

Bah!
Sat 25/01/03 at 22:30
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
GasMask wrote:
> Yea, whats the point of Demo's that you can only play in stores? No
> point at all.. can't someone just email them?
>
> "Oi, give us demo disks!"
>
> Hm :o)

I think i have a few reasons why for this Question, Thats what you all want eh? Or maybe what i say will open more doors to questions. Yahoo :) Here it goes anyway,

Maybe Nintendo gets more of a profit from letting only certain stores to play these demos, I'm guessing HMV Paid huge amounts of money just so they can have Gamecube Demo Discs in the stores, Its a plus to Nintendo beacause when it comes to selling Demos on the official Mag. Isn't it that the Mag gets more out of it rather then Nintendo itself? (First Dorr opened) :)

Another idea that the Disc, is hard to make lots of copies of them. Its a guess which is probaly the answer to it all but however, It could be not :P

But i personally love to play Demos on my litt'e Gamecube at home rather then having a old lady waiting her turn on the gamecube pod in Game... Scary.

But however a result to this is.. Rent, Ok, Maybe you don't get a mag which tells you everything you want to know while you are drinking your tea/coffee while on the computer also chatting on Ukchatforums. But you do get the full version. And if you can complete the game within 3-4 days having played through a brilliant plot or gameplay. Its worth it, At the same price of a Mag. :)

Oh well.

COME ON NINTENDO!!
Sat 25/01/03 at 22:14
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It'll just be a GBA case or a Gamecube game carry wallet. Or something equally mundane.
Sat 25/01/03 at 22:14
Regular
"Remember me?"
Blow-up Shigsy doll?

Um....
Sat 25/01/03 at 22:05
Regular
maybe it'll be an authentic Shigsy banjo replica, or a blow up shigsy doll, or STICKERS!! or not.
Sat 25/01/03 at 22:03
Regular
"Link to the Future"
I think NGC's 'Best Gift Ever' will turn out to be a demo disk. They said in the last issue it would be out in the next month or two.
Sat 25/01/03 at 21:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Shops.
Sat 25/01/03 at 21:01
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yea, whats the point of Demo's that you can only play in stores? No point at all.. can't someone just email them?

"Oi, give us demo disks!"

Hm :o)
Sat 25/01/03 at 20:47
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Thats why PS2 are killing them in ratings. Sulks.

If only they'd read this.
Sat 25/01/03 at 16:58
Regular
"thursdayton!"
If you don't know already: Taken from Cube-Europe:

"Nintendo have shipped a demo disc to stores across the country!
The demo discs which will only be playable in stores will feature playable demos of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Metroid Prime as well as video demos of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, 1080 Avalanche, Wario World, and Black and Bruised.
There are no current details on where and when these demo discs will be launched. It will be soon and probably be in places such as GAME, HMV and anywhere else with Gamecube pods."

But I want demos for me, to play at home...
Sat 25/01/03 at 16:50
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I thought one of the mags were giving a demo disk away soon?

The GC Pods have demo disks. So they obviously have them somewhere.

Grr. I want to buy mags and play demo's of new games. Now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.