GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Sims - ETA Panic."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Sims Online'.
Sat 25/01/03 at 19:35
Regular
The Sims are going online. I'm sure you've all seen the advert SR have and quite frankly, it excites me. Everything about the idea seems so intriguing to me and I think sometimes, how overwhelming it might get. So, I drew up a plan. Hopefully, my ideas should work alongside how I imagine The Sims Online to play so, here's what I'll be doing with
Mr. Battyjive - the name I'm giving to my Sim.

"MY HOUSE!"
First, I'm obviously going build a home but, unlike my material possesion neighbours, I won't spend money on luxuries. I'll have only the basics and will live and the very cusp of being homeless. Obviously, the real truth will be that I'm loaded and is just too tight to spend any money. Hopefully, I'll become the scrouge of the town where bad manners and obscene language is a given to fellow Sims.

"YOUR HOUSE?!"
My next objective for my Sim is to gather all the Sims in the 'hood and go into a random Sim's (unbeknownst to the huge gathering) house. The plans for what we'll do when we get in there are a bit sketchy but I foresee fighting, arguing, kissing (between the same sex - not that it's wrong, its just what I'm seeing) smashing of the owners properity, eating of their fridge contents and then leaving making various comments about coming back next week.

"I CAN'T HOLD DOWN A JOB!"
Then, after that, I'm going to apply for as many jobs as possible by means of the paper/internet. As my Sim is away working as a clown (his first proposed job) there will be at least 20 other places of work awaiting him. Then I'll get a barrage of calls from concerned employers, which will be ignored, before becoming completely redundent again. All in the sake of seeing what will happen.

"OH DEAR!"
After this, I'll make my Sim walk around in his PJ's for about a week in which time, the toilet, bin and shower/bath will be taken away (sold) leaving my Sim to make a complete mess of the house. When I feel that the place couldn't be any more dirtier, I'll invite the most posh residents of the 'hood round and pretend that there's no problem whilst I serve them crisps as a main course. Laughing all the while, of course.

"So This is the end?"
Unfortunately, I know all to well that my Sim can't last forever, so why not go out in style? My Sim is going to die with the best of them or - more accurately - with the rest of the 'hood. I shall invite everyone round to my house and make everyone stand in the dining room whilst I sell the doors. Then, we'll have a cook-off with the newly purchased 5 ovens with each Sim taking their turn to use them as appropiate. The idea here is not to create the best gourmet dinner (which will be a sub-competition), but to start a fire. The first person to start a fire caused by over use of the oven will win, but the fun will have only just started. As the fire spreads, all the Sims in my house will be running frantically searching for a means of escape leaving me to laugh as we all get burnt to a crisp. Obvoiusly, those who don't want to die will not be invited never the less, I'm sure and adequate number of Sims will turn up making the event the worst disaster in Sim history launching me and my Sim into the history/record books.

After the demise of my Sim, I'll start again playing a different and seemingly funnier role in the world of The Sims: Online

Maybe I'll see you there!
Mon 27/01/03 at 14:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Congrats on the win, and in response to Hobbo's question, no this isn't the first GAD in the PC gaming forum. I think someone won ages ago when I first joined, I can't remember what for though.
Mon 27/01/03 at 11:39
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Well done. Isn't this the first ever win in the PC Gaming Forum?
Sat 25/01/03 at 19:35
Regular
"Selected"
The Sims are going online. I'm sure you've all seen the advert SR have and quite frankly, it excites me. Everything about the idea seems so intriguing to me and I think sometimes, how overwhelming it might get. So, I drew up a plan. Hopefully, my ideas should work alongside how I imagine The Sims Online to play so, here's what I'll be doing with
Mr. Battyjive - the name I'm giving to my Sim.

"MY HOUSE!"
First, I'm obviously going build a home but, unlike my material possesion neighbours, I won't spend money on luxuries. I'll have only the basics and will live and the very cusp of being homeless. Obviously, the real truth will be that I'm loaded and is just too tight to spend any money. Hopefully, I'll become the scrouge of the town where bad manners and obscene language is a given to fellow Sims.

"YOUR HOUSE?!"
My next objective for my Sim is to gather all the Sims in the 'hood and go into a random Sim's (unbeknownst to the huge gathering) house. The plans for what we'll do when we get in there are a bit sketchy but I foresee fighting, arguing, kissing (between the same sex - not that it's wrong, its just what I'm seeing) smashing of the owners properity, eating of their fridge contents and then leaving making various comments about coming back next week.

"I CAN'T HOLD DOWN A JOB!"
Then, after that, I'm going to apply for as many jobs as possible by means of the paper/internet. As my Sim is away working as a clown (his first proposed job) there will be at least 20 other places of work awaiting him. Then I'll get a barrage of calls from concerned employers, which will be ignored, before becoming completely redundent again. All in the sake of seeing what will happen.

"OH DEAR!"
After this, I'll make my Sim walk around in his PJ's for about a week in which time, the toilet, bin and shower/bath will be taken away (sold) leaving my Sim to make a complete mess of the house. When I feel that the place couldn't be any more dirtier, I'll invite the most posh residents of the 'hood round and pretend that there's no problem whilst I serve them crisps as a main course. Laughing all the while, of course.

"So This is the end?"
Unfortunately, I know all to well that my Sim can't last forever, so why not go out in style? My Sim is going to die with the best of them or - more accurately - with the rest of the 'hood. I shall invite everyone round to my house and make everyone stand in the dining room whilst I sell the doors. Then, we'll have a cook-off with the newly purchased 5 ovens with each Sim taking their turn to use them as appropiate. The idea here is not to create the best gourmet dinner (which will be a sub-competition), but to start a fire. The first person to start a fire caused by over use of the oven will win, but the fun will have only just started. As the fire spreads, all the Sims in my house will be running frantically searching for a means of escape leaving me to laugh as we all get burnt to a crisp. Obvoiusly, those who don't want to die will not be invited never the less, I'm sure and adequate number of Sims will turn up making the event the worst disaster in Sim history launching me and my Sim into the history/record books.

After the demise of my Sim, I'll start again playing a different and seemingly funnier role in the world of The Sims: Online

Maybe I'll see you there!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.