GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire'.
Sun 26/01/03 at 16:44
Regular
This game, despite only being released in Japan, is managing to take the world by storm. Retailers took around 2,000,000 pre-orders combined, and 850,000 copies were sold on the first day - making it the fastest selling games of all time. Well over 1,000,000 copies have now been sold, and the GBA is outselling the PS2 in Japan.. by 2 to 1! Now that's Pokemania.

The game will be released in America on 27th March, but when it hits European shores around spring time this year, I know I'll definately be buying a copy. There will be 351 new pokemon to catch, and new styles of play including creating secret hideouts and tag team matches will be included. However, will America and Europe recieve the game with such open arms?

Possibly. But due to the shallow nature of some gamers minds today, possibly not. One thing's for certain though, I'll definately be whacking this into my GBA SP on the launch day. Is anyone else as excited as I?

Maverick42.
Fri 31/01/03 at 19:58
Regular
Wow! That's way more than I thought! This will really be bringing in profit for Nintendo, meaning better products for us gamers. Pokemon is really a great franchise. And the GCN version sounds good, too.
Tue 28/01/03 at 23:13
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Last I heard was that both copies had sold over 2 million each. Meaning 4 million overall.
Tue 28/01/03 at 22:05
Regular
Auf deutsch™ wrote:
> I thought Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire had sold about 3,500,000

Don't think so, I got those figures from Nintendo Official Magazine. They're still pretty damn amazing though.
Tue 28/01/03 at 16:47
"The Will of D."
I've already got two of my game's money sorted. Zelda: Wind Waker for birthday (pre-ordered) and any game I want using the £40 of WHSmith vouchers I got for christmas, I also have about £30 now which is going to go up over the next couple of weeks.
Mon 27/01/03 at 22:15
"Wa-wa-west"
I'll have to save some cash for the new GBA. I'll just have to try not to buy too much before then, as I'm putting some money aside for Zelda anyway.
Mon 27/01/03 at 22:07
Regular
Starlight wrote:
> Whens it even out? If I have the cash I will probs buy me one of them
> new GBA

Pokemon's been given a sketchy Spring 2003, whereas the GBA SP will be out on March 28th.
Sun 26/01/03 at 21:34
"The Will of D."
Can't wait.
Sun 26/01/03 at 20:05
Regular
I thought Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire had sold about 3,500,000

:S
Sun 26/01/03 at 20:03
Regular
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> Does anyone know whether the GBA SP is compatible to connect using a
> GBA link cable, I suppose so otherwise Nintnedo would be screwed.

I think it should do, seeing as the GBA SP is basically the GBA with a new design and a backlight.
Sun 26/01/03 at 19:36
Regular
"Balls"
i am brimming with antcipation. *in a voice simlar to steven halkings*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.