GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dynamically Loading Images."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/07/07 at 22:58
Regular
Guys,

I wonder if someone could help me with this.

Basically I run a website for a music agency, but every time a new artist is added to the books I have to go and create a new page for them.

Now i'm in the process of building a database for this to make everything a million times more efficient, but for now i'm using what I have and what I can get my head around.

What i need is this ...

I want a page to load (which will effectively be the artists biography page) and I would like it to display a row of images. These will be stored along with the HTML file, but ideally I want the browser to load all of the images it finds in the folder.

So rather than me manually add the code for an IMG tag for each image, it just creates a new IMG tag for each file it finds with a JPG extension (for example)

Is this possilbe using PHP or some other system?

Many thanks,

- Adam.
Wed 01/08/07 at 01:06
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
So basically you want the thumbnails clickable and when they are clicked the larger version is displayed. Do you want the large version displayed on its own in the browser window or do you want it displayed in the actual page?
Wed 01/08/07 at 00:36
Regular
Thank you so much for your help, that works a treat.

There is one thing i'd like to try and do though ...

What i'd like is for each image to be clickable, to open the same file but in larger format.

Currently each image has two variations, a and b (for small and large)

What I thought was, is it possible to add a link to each image - so unlike in the demo where it offers a link to the file in text form the actual image is a link, but rather than link merely to the location of the file, it links to a HTTP address with it's own name appended on the end.

So if you click C.JPG the actual link it calls is http://domain.com/images/ and then it automatically adds C.JPG on the end.

Because then I could have a THUMBS folder and a LARGE folder, so that all the thumbs are created using this method you've shown me, but the link is to the LARGE folder so when it adds it's own filename, it still references the right image!

Is this possible?
Tue 31/07/07 at 23:47
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
This does exactly what you want.

Just remember to execute PHP, your files need to have a .php file extension and not .html. And all blocks of php code in your html need to be surround by .

If you need some help integrating it, then let us know.
Tue 31/07/07 at 23:17
Regular
Thank you for your speedy reply!

They are already sized.
Tue 31/07/07 at 23:08
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Relatively easy to achieve in PHP. Are these images already sized appropriately or do they need resizing too?
Tue 31/07/07 at 22:58
Regular
Guys,

I wonder if someone could help me with this.

Basically I run a website for a music agency, but every time a new artist is added to the books I have to go and create a new page for them.

Now i'm in the process of building a database for this to make everything a million times more efficient, but for now i'm using what I have and what I can get my head around.

What i need is this ...

I want a page to load (which will effectively be the artists biography page) and I would like it to display a row of images. These will be stored along with the HTML file, but ideally I want the browser to load all of the images it finds in the folder.

So rather than me manually add the code for an IMG tag for each image, it just creates a new IMG tag for each file it finds with a JPG extension (for example)

Is this possilbe using PHP or some other system?

Many thanks,

- Adam.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.