GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Morrowind, Gamezfreaks first thoughts."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Sun 26/01/03 at 17:23
Regular
Well, Yesterday I was a very busy bee indeed. Firstly having to wake up at 9:30am to go to a guitar lesson, Then my paper round, Then I got paid the cash I needed to buy this RPG that loads of people was raving about. My quest was varied, Treacherous and incredibly frustrating. Here’s the story of how I eventually got this damn game.

Ok, after having a rather interesting and creative guitar lesson I decided to drag my mates to Nottingham, Obviously to buy Morrowind. I cut out my handy GAME 10% off voucher and caught the bus. Now, Nottingham has 2 Major GAME stores so finding the game shouldn’t be that difficult (So I thought) As usual Nottingham was packed with customers fighting over Sale items like hungry vermin. Trying to get to the first GAME was a major problem. Anyway, We got there and I looked at the Xbox area.... No sign of Morrowind, Ok, I looked at the Pre-owned section.... No sign of Morrowind, Ok, I'll ask one of the dopey assistants: -

"What? No I dunno where Morrowind is, Probably out of stock"

*Sigh* So I had to make my way up to the other GAME, Stopping for a Maccy D's on the way of course, Just to replenish my Fatigue and Health. I looked at the Xbox area...Again, No sign of Morrowind, until I asked the assistant; He was very helpful and got the last one from the storage area! Woohoo! Using my 10% off I paid for it and legged it home, catching the local Bus strider service of course.

Enough of the journey, Lets get down to business, Morrowind is one of the coolest RPG's I have ever played. Throw away your Dungeons and Dragons box set (if you have one?) and buy this game. Firstly its Huge, I emphasize the word huge, but that’s a good thing, you get a vast world to explore and interact with! Although it is kind of overwhelming at first, quite a few things to learn and loads to do.

One thing that makes this game great (So far) is the fact that you are free to do whatever the duck you like. Want to kill someone? Sure do it, But you’ll get sent to jail. Want to steal stuff? Go ahead! Don't get caught though! Want to sleep in someone else’s bed? You do that! Hey, I've only been playing it for 2 days and I’m haling it as the best RPG I’ve played in a long time!

I'm the ARGONIAN type, Who is a lizard/human type creature who walks strange (I swear, It looks like he’s bricked himself) Anyway at the moment I’m just leveling up getting myself ready for any threats that may arrive. Another thing I’d like to comment on is the graphics of the game, although there is vast amounts of fogging they are actually VERY well presented, ESPECIALLY the water just look at it when it’s raining!

Just recently I befriended a dude called Fargoth, Then I gained a "sub quest" from another bloke to find and steal Fargoths stuff, Waiting until nightfall I had to stay at the lighthouse and keep watch for Fargoth to see where he goes. The feeling of betrayal is great whilst nicking all Fargoths items :-)

Great things that I’ve seen so far? Silt Striders - Huge fleas that are amazing to gawp at, Huge Mushrooms - They look erm great! Large structures that look amazing!

Damn this game is so good, Buy it now kids. Just thought you'd like to know, Oh and you get a Map! :-)
Sun 26/01/03 at 17:23
Regular
Well, Yesterday I was a very busy bee indeed. Firstly having to wake up at 9:30am to go to a guitar lesson, Then my paper round, Then I got paid the cash I needed to buy this RPG that loads of people was raving about. My quest was varied, Treacherous and incredibly frustrating. Here’s the story of how I eventually got this damn game.

Ok, after having a rather interesting and creative guitar lesson I decided to drag my mates to Nottingham, Obviously to buy Morrowind. I cut out my handy GAME 10% off voucher and caught the bus. Now, Nottingham has 2 Major GAME stores so finding the game shouldn’t be that difficult (So I thought) As usual Nottingham was packed with customers fighting over Sale items like hungry vermin. Trying to get to the first GAME was a major problem. Anyway, We got there and I looked at the Xbox area.... No sign of Morrowind, Ok, I looked at the Pre-owned section.... No sign of Morrowind, Ok, I'll ask one of the dopey assistants: -

"What? No I dunno where Morrowind is, Probably out of stock"

*Sigh* So I had to make my way up to the other GAME, Stopping for a Maccy D's on the way of course, Just to replenish my Fatigue and Health. I looked at the Xbox area...Again, No sign of Morrowind, until I asked the assistant; He was very helpful and got the last one from the storage area! Woohoo! Using my 10% off I paid for it and legged it home, catching the local Bus strider service of course.

Enough of the journey, Lets get down to business, Morrowind is one of the coolest RPG's I have ever played. Throw away your Dungeons and Dragons box set (if you have one?) and buy this game. Firstly its Huge, I emphasize the word huge, but that’s a good thing, you get a vast world to explore and interact with! Although it is kind of overwhelming at first, quite a few things to learn and loads to do.

One thing that makes this game great (So far) is the fact that you are free to do whatever the duck you like. Want to kill someone? Sure do it, But you’ll get sent to jail. Want to steal stuff? Go ahead! Don't get caught though! Want to sleep in someone else’s bed? You do that! Hey, I've only been playing it for 2 days and I’m haling it as the best RPG I’ve played in a long time!

I'm the ARGONIAN type, Who is a lizard/human type creature who walks strange (I swear, It looks like he’s bricked himself) Anyway at the moment I’m just leveling up getting myself ready for any threats that may arrive. Another thing I’d like to comment on is the graphics of the game, although there is vast amounts of fogging they are actually VERY well presented, ESPECIALLY the water just look at it when it’s raining!

Just recently I befriended a dude called Fargoth, Then I gained a "sub quest" from another bloke to find and steal Fargoths stuff, Waiting until nightfall I had to stay at the lighthouse and keep watch for Fargoth to see where he goes. The feeling of betrayal is great whilst nicking all Fargoths items :-)

Great things that I’ve seen so far? Silt Striders - Huge fleas that are amazing to gawp at, Huge Mushrooms - They look erm great! Large structures that look amazing!

Damn this game is so good, Buy it now kids. Just thought you'd like to know, Oh and you get a Map! :-)
Sun 26/01/03 at 17:31
Regular
Excellent choice. One of the best games on Xbox.
There's a lot of adventuring & exploring ahead of you, and countless secrets to uncover.
Sun 26/01/03 at 17:33
Regular
"Unretired"
Are you still in seyda neen?

I have an Imperial on lvl 30 something, cant remember havnt played for a few weeks.

Go to ghostgate and steal all the glass armor!

Places worth visiting are:
Vivec, if you raid the vaults theres well over 100000 septims to be made, a little lockpicking will be needed though.

Ghostgate, tonnes of stuff to steal here.

Ald'Ruhn, I think (cant remember exactly) this is a town of redoran and im pretty sure you can join house redoran here.

Travel wise, the silt striders and mage guild teleportations are ok, but dont reach the interesting places. I would catch a silt strider to vivec and catch boats there to most of the north east and south east of morrowind, beware though, on the north east the people hate outlanders and are hostile! I wouldnt visit there to your at least a lvl 15.
Sun 26/01/03 at 17:36
Regular
I'm in Balmora, I'm looking for this "Puzzle Box" I know where to go, Just levelling my character up at the moment to kick that skeleton on the bridge!

Absolute class game.
Sun 26/01/03 at 17:40
Regular
There's loads of Guilds to join. I've reached the top of the tree in most of them.
What type of character are you? - As in: are you a thief, a warrior, a magician, etc?
Sun 26/01/03 at 17:46
Regular
ARGONIAN. Spellswold.

I'm in loads of guilds, But I got expelled from thetheives guild for accidently stabbing the leader!
Sun 26/01/03 at 20:50
Regular
[Adds Morrowind to reasons for buying an X-Box list]

Curse those cunning devils at Microsoft..
Mon 27/01/03 at 14:04
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> I'm in loads of guilds, But I got expelled from thetheives guild for
> accidently stabbing the leader!

Careful. If you get expelled you can "make ammends" and they let you back in. But if you get expelled twice, then there's no way back in, and you loose all the quests of that Guild.
Mon 27/01/03 at 14:29
"For the horde!!!!"
Are there any penilties to race with the NPCs of the game like for example are orks and wood elfs regarded the same?
Mon 27/01/03 at 14:51
Regular
Gridloch wrote:
> Are there any penilties to race with the NPCs of the game like for
> example are orks and wood elfs regarded the same?

The politics of Morrowind's world is quite complex, but generally people of the same race tend to get along with each other more, and fellow Guild members like and trust each other.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.