GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Mode That Rules Over All Other Modes"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/01/03 at 18:00
Regular
Only a little while a go avatars were the big thing in gaming. I remember going to the Millennium Dome sometime near the Millennium and they saw it as the technology of the future. I joined a massive que, they then stuck me in a box, took my photo and out came me looking like a video game Character on the screen. I was amazed to tell you the truth, it looked damn life like.

They then gave me this little slip with a number on and told me I could go home, download my avatar off the internet and then place myself into games such as The Sims (splurt) and Unreal Tournament/Quake 3. I tried, but erm, it didn't really work out to well. So now that little slip is in the cupboard beside me buried underneath all the other rubbish in there. Which includes...*takes a look*...Airplane headphones, a Japanese GBA box, a Pencil case I used for my GCSE'S, a YoYo, a photo of some random guy I found on the floor once and other such stuff I don't use anymore. Basically it's been forgotten. Some could say 'sadly it's been forgotten' but believe me it will make a return. I know this because I am mystical. Believe the hype.

So now we seem settled with portraying another character within our games. A few which come to mind are Mario, that guy in Grand Theft Auto and other more real to life people like Tony Hawk.

Tony Hawks Pro Skater...a game where you pick your skater and skate around doing stuff no 12 year old wannabe can do. I got this game the other day, I flicked through the characters at hand which were a load of well known skaters and I thought to myself "Bah, I'd rather play as myself then some stupid all ready turned Pro skater".

So what did I do?

I went along to my favourite extra in any game out there. 'Create a Character'. I love doing this.

You start off with a normal looking person and then you sculpt that person to look like yourself. Excellent.

In Tony Hawks 4 I done just that and it has added a whole new look to the game. I wasn't playing as some character they want me to play as no, instead I was playing as someone that looked just like me. I can imagine this works more on the imagination side with people who want to be a Pro skater but man, I was feeling it. I liked going up in competitions against all these big name favourites and actually winning.

I loved being me in a game.

Then my Dad comes along today and go's "That person has your hair and your T-shirt". Even he saw it. I like looking turning the C-stick around on my Gamecube taking pride in the character I made, he rules. Or 'I' rule.

My Sister saw it and so I had to make her. It was no trouble, I gave her a Mochican.

So until avatars come around and are frequent in games it looks as though we can have fun just playing around with creating characters. In my eyes it seems alot more fun as the possibilities are endless. Other things I remember is making a old bearded bloke in Pro Evolution Soccer called 'Gandalf' who ruled, turning myself into a Basketball player and also making myself into some gay looking Wrestler. It's just great to be able to put myself, or other people into roles I wouldn't usually be able to in real life. It's also the only reason I like RPG's as they always have something like this.

Once again 1-0 to games.
Tue 28/01/03 at 19:37
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> This won?!?
>
> Man, it don't deserve it.

(about my blatant GAD attempt)
JAZZY-JACK wrote:
>this story really did deserve to win a game
lol unlucky mate

gerrid wrote:
>
Ha.
It should have.

Here http://ukchatforums.r eserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=67002&forumid=423

See, I was robbed blind. Blind I tells ya. I went to all the effort and.....*stops moaning*
Tue 28/01/03 at 19:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
JBHs topic in Life was one of the funniest things I have ever read. This was good, but you've done better, and not won. Maybe it was for that reason you won this time.
Who knows.
Congratulations anyway.
Tue 28/01/03 at 16:20
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
No bad blood or anything, and SR's decision is final :-)
Tue 28/01/03 at 16:18
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
You deserved it

:-)
Tue 28/01/03 at 16:13
"Uzi Lover"
Moan all you like because I would too :-P

It didn't take five hours, it took a very short time as it was just something I wanted to write after mucking around on Tony Hawks 4 just before.
Tue 28/01/03 at 16:10
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I am quite shocked how this post beat my post and won a GAD. The idea is good but is it very short and not greatly original.

I suppose I am biased but this cant have taken 5 hours like mine.

Now im bitİhing, sorry.
Tue 28/01/03 at 15:31
"slightlyshortertagl"
well done MWA...

since you don't think that you deserve it can I have your GAD?

:-P
Tue 28/01/03 at 15:14
Regular
Yay, well done MwA :-)

You deserved a win, great that you won for a post, too.
Tue 28/01/03 at 14:20
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> This won?!?
>
> Man, it don't deserve it.

I bet you managed to check the winners list too without someone telling you first!

Stupid you ruining the exitement...

Then Cookie Monster told me again later!

Will I ever find out if I have won by checking the winners list first, or will I always get an MSN message first?

We'll have to see...
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:00
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I remember making people in my class in WWF Warzone and making them have fights between one another and recording them. Was quite funny.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.