GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MP3 CD Players"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/01/03 at 19:59
Regular
Has anyone got an MP3 player that they can recommend to me as i am interested in purchasing one?

In dont want to spend more than £75 and yes i have read about the Mecury MP3 CD Player SR sell and it looks OK. But there arent any reviews for the NAPA one so if anyone has it, is it any good?

Any information on good MP3 CD players would be greatly appreiciated.

Thank you in advance.
Mon 27/01/03 at 12:31
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I use my NAPA in the car as I've got the adapter thingy...

It doesn't skip in the car but it's crap when you're walking with it, it's huge and jumps all the time...

I just like it because I've got absolutely loads of songs on it and I can plug it into my hi-fi in my bedroom and listen to them for ages...

It's got 120 songs at the moment, most are from albums that I have bought and instead of having loads of CDS cluttered around, I burn them to MP3 and stick them on the player...

It's good for that but it deserves to have the 'portable' part of it's name taken away!
Mon 27/01/03 at 12:22
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I bought some Panasonic MP3 CD player for £80 in the summer. Sound quality is pretty good, and the headphones are excellent, but it lacks features. My girlfriend got a Phillips MP3 CD player for £80 in the January sales from Boots, of all places, and it was amazing - in line remote, LCD display and all sorts. I'm dead jealous :O| (although my headphones are still > hers).

If you can still get one of the Phillips players from Boots, then pounce on it.
Sun 26/01/03 at 23:57
Regular
"That's right!"
I believe mine's a NAPA. It's bright orange (couldn't get any other colour) and it sucks. Big time.

Too big to put in your pocket, so I have to put it in my bag with the lead going through my coat. Walk too fast, it jumps/skips/goes back a song. Have it next to you on the bus/metro/car, it jumps/skips/goes back a song. Breathe next to it, it jumps/skips/goes back a song.

I've had mine two years, barely used it, but in that time, it's managed to stop working, and now turns itself off after one or two songs, despite having a full battery (turn it back on, goes back off again)

Yes, it can hold up to 300 songs, but that doesn't mean squat when it skips with every step you take, and turns itself off every three minutes. What a waste of 80 odd quid.

Buying myself a traditional MP3 player, with a memory card. No more CDs for me.
Sun 26/01/03 at 23:56
Regular
I quite like that purple :P

I only ever used it in my car mind. Although I got a CD player in my car now so i dont even use the NAPA.
Sun 26/01/03 at 23:25
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Or†ega wrote:
> I got a Napa MP3 CD player.

I realy feel for you!

I've got the one with the in-line remote!

It's massive, the jog strap, those 'ears' on the player!

Nooooooooo!

And the colours!

Purple! Really girly purple!
Sun 26/01/03 at 23:12
Regular
I got a Napa MP3 CD player.

Pretty crap really. Does the job, but can be slow loading the tracks initially. Although i suppose thats understandable when loading 100 odd tracks.

I'd say net MDs are the thing to get at the moment. I'm gonna get a Sony MZ-N1 when i get the cash together.
Sun 26/01/03 at 21:31
I've recently bought 2 mp3 players but not cd

they are 64 meg and very good for price imo

try here http://www.ximus.co.uk/

Happy shopping

(dont buy a cd player brick)
Sun 26/01/03 at 21:23
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
phi11ip wrote:
> Don't buy a NAPA!
>
> It's huge!
>
> Seriously, if you want to buy something like that, buy an Xbox and
> burn your CDs to that instead, it's probably smaller!
>
> It comes with it's own strap!
>
> Noooooooooooo!
>
> On the plus it does have a good battery life and 10+ hours of music on
> the CDS...

Thank you for the advice, i probably was not going to get one any way since i have yet to read any reviews so i dont know if its any good. I will probably just go for the Mecury, seems ok and only £50, unless i find better MP3 CD Player.
Sun 26/01/03 at 21:19
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Don't buy a NAPA!

It's huge!

Seriously, if you want to buy something like that, buy an Xbox and burn your CDs to that instead, it's probably smaller!

It comes with it's own strap!

Noooooooooooo!

On the plus it does have a good battery life and 10+ hours of music on the CDS...
Sun 26/01/03 at 20:55
If you are willing to get a crazy american player get this:

Go to
http://www.easybuy2000.com/
look up
AVC Soul player
Look up the 3rd version

Its the third version of the MP3 CD player I have. I personaly think its good, almost better then the Creative Labs one here, but the Creative labs one has suport for things you wont use like EAX sound... Yea, you really need that with MUSIC when its PORTABLE.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.