GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Remember when Sony got rumbled?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/07/07 at 18:31
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
If you're playing away on your PS3 and wondering why those control pads ain't rumbling no more, it's because Sony got taken to court over patent infrigements. When the case first surfaced, nobody really cared, thought it was just some upstart little company making waves and trying to cash in on Sony's success.

Turned out Sony lost that one, which is why your control pads ain't shaking.

Could have been worse, someone might have sued over Cell processor technology and called for all PS3s to be destroyed. Oops
Wed 01/08/07 at 21:52
"possibly impossible"
They went to confession?

But, yeah, I´ve seen copyright enfringments come and go and anything which has grounds to threaten a whole platform would be settled out of court. I seriously doubt it has enough ground to go any further though...
Wed 01/08/07 at 17:59
Regular
That was a scene from Resistance: Fall of Man which included a shootout in a Cathedral that looked suspiciously like the one in Manchester. Not sure what happened in the end but all Sony's press releases regarding the matter stated that they had full permissions for the content.
Wed 01/08/07 at 16:22
didnt sony get taken to court over that futuristic war game that was set in a cathederal somewhere what actualy happened to that game
Tue 31/07/07 at 19:24
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
And remember all the other patent infringement claims that came to nothing? Although curious as to know what happens when you have 2 patents that infringe on each other, are the patents office meant to have prevented such a thing?

I think between them Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony must be in double figures with court cases by now.
Tue 31/07/07 at 18:31
Regular
If you're playing away on your PS3 and wondering why those control pads ain't rumbling no more, it's because Sony got taken to court over patent infrigements. When the case first surfaced, nobody really cared, thought it was just some upstart little company making waves and trying to cash in on Sony's success.

Turned out Sony lost that one, which is why your control pads ain't shaking.

Could have been worse, someone might have sued over Cell processor technology and called for all PS3s to be destroyed. Oops

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.