GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who remembers New Zealand Story or Chucky Egg"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/01/02 at 13:54
Regular
thos games rules on the atari, i wish they would bring them back even if it was on GB advance, id actually buy one of those if they released them. i also wouldnt mind a remake of Streets Of Rage.
Sat 19/01/02 at 13:54
Regular
"Top Gun"
thos games rules on the atari, i wish they would bring them back even if it was on GB advance, id actually buy one of those if they released them. i also wouldnt mind a remake of Streets Of Rage.
Sat 19/01/02 at 19:04
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I remember the New Zealand Story, but I never played it. Wasn't it on the NES/SNES??
Wed 23/01/02 at 21:32
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I remember playing new zealand story on the amiga and spectrum zx
(got the spctrum game for 3 quid)
take too long and that devil like thing comes to get you
never played it for long enough to ever get very far, saved a few kiwi birds though, and fired a fair few arrows.
would deserve remake if other titles are getting remade from the "retro" days.
Sat 26/01/02 at 19:56
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Solskjær_24 wrote:
> I remember the New Zealand Story, but I never played it. Wasn't it on the
> NES/SNES??

It was an Arcade concversion huh...

Speaking of which, I'd quite like to see Rainbow Islands again?
Mon 28/01/02 at 17:52
Regular
I remember New Zealand Story.

I was stuck on this big whale boss until one day I let it eat me. I then proceeded to kill it from the inside! :-D

Chuckie Egg? very vague memories...

Rainbow Islands? I loved that game!
Doesn't it star the same characters as Bust a Move?
Sun 10/02/02 at 00:16
New Zealand Story ROCKED! It was SUCH a good game! I used to have it on my old Amiga 500 (which I actually still have along with my 500+ and 600) but I seem to have lost it. Hmmm (starts rummaging through old disk cases in hope of success)...
Mon 11/02/02 at 21:33
Regular
"Where's SR?"
Chuckie Egg was a great game, simple idea but extremely addictive. It was the most played game on my old Amstrad.

Chuckie Egg 2 was rubbish, just another platformer but Chuckie Egg is a classic. Some company's bound to put it on a compilation retro cart for GBA.
Tue 12/02/02 at 10:15
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Chuckie Egg was amazing in it's time, but I played a PC conversion of it recently and I got bored really quickly. If you want to download it just try a yahoo search.
Tue 12/02/02 at 16:17
Regular
"That's right!"
Y2Jisthegame wrote:
> thos games rules on the atari, i wish they would bring them back even if it was
> on GB advance, id actually buy one of those if they released them. i also
> wouldnt mind a remake of Streets Of Rage.

--------------

New Zealand Story! I had it on the Amstrad! The little bird with the bow and arrow? I loved that game!
Tue 12/02/02 at 16:21
"You love us!"
It's a little know fact that Chuckie Egg was impossible to complete!

You know you had to make the choco eggs with the little gifts inside, well because of a programming oversight, they didn't put a specific number of eggs you had to make and therefore it went on forever! hahaha, nice one. Still a damn good game tho!

The New Zeland Story was another classic. i rememebr playing that in a arcade in Newquay for the first time and being blow away - plus the Amiga conversion was excellent. Do you remember the warp fans that would let you skip levels? You could find them by shooting a certain bit of the level five times - cool or what!

If anyone can tell me what the infinite lives cheat code was for the Amiga verison of New Zeland Story i'll be very impressed. It was quite (in)famous at the time, with every computer mag falling over themselves to print it - albeit in a slightly altered form ;-) I think this is why it's stuck in my head ofr all these years!

So does anyone know?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.