GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nightfire: Another souless piece of James Bond crap"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game '007 James Bond Nightfire'.
Mon 27/01/03 at 21:03
Regular
Got it an hour ago and already I hate it with a passion. Luckily I didn't have to pay penny for it, my mate 'borrowed' it from work.

Absoloute tosh, graphically very nice but gameplay wise it's terrible. The guns loks good but feel like your shooting a pea shooter at your enemies. Enemies don't even flinch when they get shot, just stand their and eventually fall over.

The fact that the first enemy I shot fell over and half of his body dissapeared into the scenery was not a good sign. The enemies can only be described as stupid, fair enough ocasionally they take cover behing objects but other than that they're dumber than Top Score.

The driving levels are souless crap, boring as hell. Onl rails shooting levels look good but in the long run they're boring and repetetive.

Multiplayer is about as much fun as scapring your nails down a mile long blackboard.

welldone EA for churning out another waste of sapce cashin on the James Bond license...at least they're consistant.

I love first person shooters and have played through a few bad ones in my time but this one I really just can't be bothered to waste my time on.

Absoloute boring rubbish.
Tue 28/01/03 at 18:10
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Cyclone wrote:
> Apart from SSX Tricky, every EA developed game recently has been tosh.

Madden, NBA and NHL 2003s.
Fifa aslo, to some people.
Tue 28/01/03 at 18:08
Regular
I am afraid I have to agree :( I got the game for Christmas and at first I thought that it could be a Goldeneye beater but I was so wrong! I have sold it now and I did platinum every single mission and played some of the mediocre multi-player. In my opnion Agent Under Fire was/is better and at half the price I would go for that. Its a shame that EA can't hit the right balance because time is ticking on and they are losing my vote. To be honest I think that all EA games are boring to play and although Medal of Honour Frontline had a great opening and awesome 5.1 the rets of the game was quite poor.
Tue 28/01/03 at 18:08
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I seem to remember telling you all some time ago that nightfie was pure rubbish.
But did you listen?
Did you heck.
Tue 28/01/03 at 17:02
Dringo wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Soul Calibur 2 being the main points of intrest.
>
> EA have nothing to do with the Gamecube version.

EA aren't even developing Soul Calibur 2 on any of the consoles; they're mreely publishing it for the PS2 and Xbox, while Nintendo will publish the GC version.
Tue 28/01/03 at 16:09
Regular
"Remember me?"
You were a bit of a fool expecting an EA Bond shooter to be anything special.
Tue 28/01/03 at 14:39
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
SSX tricky was good, I agree, but it lost it's appeal very quickly.

As for Tiger Woods 2003, I'm sure it;s good, but the PS2 2002 version was, well, pants.

But maybe that's just me.
Mon 27/01/03 at 22:58
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
Soul Calibur 2 being the main points of intrest.

EA have nothing to do with the Gamecube version.
Mon 27/01/03 at 22:48
Regular
I quite like Nightfire. The enemies DO react when you shoot them. You should give it another go. It's good fun, while it lasts.
Mon 27/01/03 at 21:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Apart from SSX Tricky, every EA developed game recently has been tosh.
Mon 27/01/03 at 21:20
Regular
Microchips wrote:
> Exactly, but really, what did you expect from EA?

EA have made some pretty good game recently IMO. Freekstyle, Tiger Woods 2003 and Medal of Honor i've really enjoyed.

Some forthcoming EA games are looking very promising as well. Def jam Vendetta and Soul Calibur 2 being the main points of intrest.

Nightfire from the screenshots showed promise but it would have been better off staying as screenshots as far as I'm concerned.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.