GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Newbie Guide To Special Reserve"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/01/03 at 22:38
Regular
The Newbie Guide To Special Reserve

(I started writing this topic a few days ago, wondering when to upload it and if I had completed it, credit should go to SR for the rules basis and J-42 for the extra push to finishing it, check the Stop Spamming topic in Sony PS1 & PS2)

So you've found this site while searching for "free stuff" on the Internet and saw the phrase "win free games every day at gameaday.co.uk...” You clicked the link and got transferred to the home page.

"Gameaday.co.uk is our unique competition that gives you three chances to win the game of your choice, every day! It's easy to enter and fun to take part - there's no limit to the amount of times you can win! See below to find out where to enter and how to win! Full Special Reserve members can choose a game from our entire catalogue up to the value of £50"

That's right, gameaday.co.uk gives you the chance o win a game of your choice every day. To do this you need to be a registered member.

In order to win gameaday you need to contribute to any of the three sections:

1) Forums
2) Reviews
3) Hints/Cheats/Walkthroughs

But, before you go writing blank reviews hoping you'd win or mindless topics about PS2 vs. X-Box; I suggest you read the following guidelines:

0) Read the gameaday rules on the homepage (in big red writing above the winner’s lists)
0) The FAQ always comes in handy as well as the new info sections about each forum, review section and walkthroughs etc.
0) If your still bemused you can e-mail SR for help...
0) Or if needs be, ask a regular or notable in the chat forums.
0) Try to use correct English when posting, no txt please.
0) Try to keep to the point and no wandering off into the lost deserts.
0) No bad language.

What not to do...

0) SPAM.... This means, not jargon or mindless nonsense that goes on forever and seems as though it never ends e.g.

"What is the best console, I think it’s the Playstation 2 because it’s much better than the x-box or PS1 ooh and GC. The PS2 can play DVD's and loads of games like GTA and MGS2. The x-box is big and not as good as the PS2, the PS2 rulez!!! PS2 is the bestest console ever... better than x-box and GC. What do you think is the best console? I think its the PS2 because they rule."

0) No txt messaging slang... e.g.

"Wot u up2 l8erz, I of out wit m8." Translation
"What are you up to later? I'm off out with my mate."

Text messaging is very annoying and many members don’t like it, well not in posts anyway.

0) SPAM
0) Annoy people... You'd get in the back later when you’re not looking.
0) Use bad language
0) Write topics asking about cheats or hints for games as normally this type of information can be found on ukhints.com, ukcheats.com or ukwalkthroughs.com, which are part of Special Reserve. If then you still can't find what you’re looking for, ask.
0) Check back through past topics before you go writing new ones as normally some information has been discussed before and you'll be able to find your answer in their.

I don't think I've missed anything, but if I have then please post it here; and newbies, you'll find this is a place now that you can come and ask questions about SR if you are unsure. Regulars, Notables and fellow Newbies are here to help...

Why?
Mon 27/01/03 at 22:38
The Newbie Guide To Special Reserve

(I started writing this topic a few days ago, wondering when to upload it and if I had completed it, credit should go to SR for the rules basis and J-42 for the extra push to finishing it, check the Stop Spamming topic in Sony PS1 & PS2)

So you've found this site while searching for "free stuff" on the Internet and saw the phrase "win free games every day at gameaday.co.uk...” You clicked the link and got transferred to the home page.

"Gameaday.co.uk is our unique competition that gives you three chances to win the game of your choice, every day! It's easy to enter and fun to take part - there's no limit to the amount of times you can win! See below to find out where to enter and how to win! Full Special Reserve members can choose a game from our entire catalogue up to the value of £50"

That's right, gameaday.co.uk gives you the chance o win a game of your choice every day. To do this you need to be a registered member.

In order to win gameaday you need to contribute to any of the three sections:

1) Forums
2) Reviews
3) Hints/Cheats/Walkthroughs

But, before you go writing blank reviews hoping you'd win or mindless topics about PS2 vs. X-Box; I suggest you read the following guidelines:

0) Read the gameaday rules on the homepage (in big red writing above the winner’s lists)
0) The FAQ always comes in handy as well as the new info sections about each forum, review section and walkthroughs etc.
0) If your still bemused you can e-mail SR for help...
0) Or if needs be, ask a regular or notable in the chat forums.
0) Try to use correct English when posting, no txt please.
0) Try to keep to the point and no wandering off into the lost deserts.
0) No bad language.

What not to do...

0) SPAM.... This means, not jargon or mindless nonsense that goes on forever and seems as though it never ends e.g.

"What is the best console, I think it’s the Playstation 2 because it’s much better than the x-box or PS1 ooh and GC. The PS2 can play DVD's and loads of games like GTA and MGS2. The x-box is big and not as good as the PS2, the PS2 rulez!!! PS2 is the bestest console ever... better than x-box and GC. What do you think is the best console? I think its the PS2 because they rule."

0) No txt messaging slang... e.g.

"Wot u up2 l8erz, I of out wit m8." Translation
"What are you up to later? I'm off out with my mate."

Text messaging is very annoying and many members don’t like it, well not in posts anyway.

0) SPAM
0) Annoy people... You'd get in the back later when you’re not looking.
0) Use bad language
0) Write topics asking about cheats or hints for games as normally this type of information can be found on ukhints.com, ukcheats.com or ukwalkthroughs.com, which are part of Special Reserve. If then you still can't find what you’re looking for, ask.
0) Check back through past topics before you go writing new ones as normally some information has been discussed before and you'll be able to find your answer in their.

I don't think I've missed anything, but if I have then please post it here; and newbies, you'll find this is a place now that you can come and ask questions about SR if you are unsure. Regulars, Notables and fellow Newbies are here to help...

Why?
Mon 27/01/03 at 22:41
"possibly impossible"
or annoy notables ;-)

Lets hope someone reads it.
Mon 27/01/03 at 22:43
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Copying the whole post and then putting "I Agree" at the bottom.

I so wanted to copy that post by you Why? and put that at the end ;)
Mon 27/01/03 at 22:53
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Also, don't copy work from other sites, I will hunt you down like a god damn hawk, you 'ere me? GOD DAMN HAWK.....

*cries*
Mon 27/01/03 at 23:01
pb wrote:
> or annoy notables ;-)
>
> Lets hope someone reads it.

We can only hope...

I dare you Jive!!!

Why?
Mon 27/01/03 at 23:25
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Why? wrote:
> I dare you Jive!!!

Now that's not very nice is it and it just gives JATs and Newbies the wrong impression!

:D
Mon 27/01/03 at 23:48
Yep, musn't influence newbies...

But still this is a serious topic and should be kept for all newbies to refer to. :D

Why?
Wed 29/01/03 at 00:15
pb wrote:
> or annoy notables ;-)
>
> Lets hope someone reads it.

Don't seem as though newbies are, one day without a post and a newbie wrote a PS2 vs. X-Box topic in the Sony forum... *tut* *tut*

Why?
Wed 29/01/03 at 07:05
Regular
"Brrrrr."
...We should have an 'SR Newbie Day' where no-one (officially) hates them or calls them things of kicks them (in a virtual kinda way).

Or maybe not.
Wed 29/01/03 at 07:06
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Errrm - Is he OK? I think I should call a doctor...

Sfone wrote:
> Also, don't copy work from other sites, I will hunt you down like a
> god damn hawk, you 'ere me? GOD DAMN HAWK.....
>
> *cries*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.