GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Things you just HAVE to try in Zelda: OoT..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time'.
Tue 28/01/03 at 12:12
Regular
I don't know if any of you out there read GamesMaster, but I do.
If you do, then I bet you're sick-to-death of all those Tips Books they give away free with every issue, and you have so many that you don't know what to do with them all! That's what it's like with me, anyway.

But have you ever actually opened one up and read one?

I did that very thing with the latest one, and surprisingly came across a list of tipped N64 games right at the very-back. including Zelda: Ocarina of Time. And it is here that I found some interesting things you might also be willing to try on your N64 game after completing it:

1. "Play the Song of Storms whilst wearing your Iron Boots and the Blue Tunic. When you go under-water you'll hear the Storm and Link make noises."

2. "Jump into the small hut in the Haunted Wasteland. Equip the Hover Boots, then stand on the small ledge and run over to one of the small pots, pressing A just before you land. Link will now be wearing a pot!"

3. "As young Link at night, cross the small bridge outside the enterance to Kaikariko Village and loiter nearby. You'll witness a 'Suicide Skeleton' who repeatedly appears and leaps off the bridge."

4. "Release and catch a bug near a drop, then leap off the edge yourself and fire the bottle and a Bombuch. Link will then play the Bombuchu as if it was as Ocarina: get him to play Saria's Song and talk to her after the bomb dissapears. Link's head will explode!"

5. "When you've completed the Water Temple, head to Lake Hylia and lure a Tektite slightly into the water. Stun it with the Longshot and then give it a whack with the Megaton Hammer. The Tektite should rocket off into space."

6. "If you perform a back-flip over the Déku Tree's roots, you'll end up round the back of the tree where there's a Gossip Stone who will tell you about leaving the Forest."

7. "There's an easy way to get all the Gold Skultulas. Go to where Talen was sleeping outside the Castle - there should be a tree in the far corner. Pay the Song of Storms by it. (This cheat won't work if you've already got the Skultula in the tree.). Drop down the hole and blas the walls with bombs, and when you find the Gold Skultula, boomerang it. When the token appears, don't collect it, instead, stand by the teleporter and throw your Boomerang at it. When it comes near you, step on to the teleporter. Go back down the hole and the Skultula will be back. Repeat this process to get all the tokens!"

These are just a small selection of around 20 "tips" they had listed, and I think they're the ones you'll like best, and add a good deal of replay value to the game for people who don't want to collect all 100 Skultulas.

Enjoy! I haven't tried any of these yet, but I will do later.
Tue 28/01/03 at 17:18
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
k, that should have been yank not hank. Goddam touch-typing!

:(
Tue 28/01/03 at 17:18
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Any of you ever try the debuggers cheat/code/whatever it is?
It required you to jump of a wall in the temple of time; hank up half the cart so that the game glitched and froze; bash in a key combination on the pad; press the cart back in; and then this debug screen appears telling you some crazy information. This also worked in other games surposedly. I only ever tried it in Zelda. Never done it more than once though, cos I didn't want to risk the chance of my cart loosing it's memory or something else strange which might happen while doing something crazy like this!

:)
Tue 28/01/03 at 16:01
"The Will of D."
You missed out the challenge of beating Ganon (huge creature with tail) while wearing the Iron boots.
Tue 28/01/03 at 15:59
"The Will of D."
Starlight wrote:
> And yeah there's loads of weird stuff you can do in OOT. Ever tried
> fishing the guys hat off in the fishing area, ha ha.

Yep, done it every time.

I have done all of those things on the list, so they are not new to me.
Tue 28/01/03 at 15:49
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I'm holding myself back from playing this game again until I get the Ura Zelda version (if it is released over here, probably will).

And yeah there's loads of weird stuff you can do in OOT. Ever tried fishing the guys hat off in the fishing area, ha ha.
Tue 28/01/03 at 14:46
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> NGC or N64 mag as it was known back then, did this exact thing
> absoloutly aaaaaaaaaaages ago showing some strange glitches and stuff
> in OOT.

Yeah, I remember that. I also remember the one about Majora's Mask.

Very helpful indeed.
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:20
Regular
NGC or N64 mag as it was known back then, did this exact thing absoloutly aaaaaaaaaaages ago showing some strange glitches and stuff in OOT.
Tue 28/01/03 at 12:12
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I don't know if any of you out there read GamesMaster, but I do.
If you do, then I bet you're sick-to-death of all those Tips Books they give away free with every issue, and you have so many that you don't know what to do with them all! That's what it's like with me, anyway.

But have you ever actually opened one up and read one?

I did that very thing with the latest one, and surprisingly came across a list of tipped N64 games right at the very-back. including Zelda: Ocarina of Time. And it is here that I found some interesting things you might also be willing to try on your N64 game after completing it:

1. "Play the Song of Storms whilst wearing your Iron Boots and the Blue Tunic. When you go under-water you'll hear the Storm and Link make noises."

2. "Jump into the small hut in the Haunted Wasteland. Equip the Hover Boots, then stand on the small ledge and run over to one of the small pots, pressing A just before you land. Link will now be wearing a pot!"

3. "As young Link at night, cross the small bridge outside the enterance to Kaikariko Village and loiter nearby. You'll witness a 'Suicide Skeleton' who repeatedly appears and leaps off the bridge."

4. "Release and catch a bug near a drop, then leap off the edge yourself and fire the bottle and a Bombuch. Link will then play the Bombuchu as if it was as Ocarina: get him to play Saria's Song and talk to her after the bomb dissapears. Link's head will explode!"

5. "When you've completed the Water Temple, head to Lake Hylia and lure a Tektite slightly into the water. Stun it with the Longshot and then give it a whack with the Megaton Hammer. The Tektite should rocket off into space."

6. "If you perform a back-flip over the Déku Tree's roots, you'll end up round the back of the tree where there's a Gossip Stone who will tell you about leaving the Forest."

7. "There's an easy way to get all the Gold Skultulas. Go to where Talen was sleeping outside the Castle - there should be a tree in the far corner. Pay the Song of Storms by it. (This cheat won't work if you've already got the Skultula in the tree.). Drop down the hole and blas the walls with bombs, and when you find the Gold Skultula, boomerang it. When the token appears, don't collect it, instead, stand by the teleporter and throw your Boomerang at it. When it comes near you, step on to the teleporter. Go back down the hole and the Skultula will be back. Repeat this process to get all the tokens!"

These are just a small selection of around 20 "tips" they had listed, and I think they're the ones you'll like best, and add a good deal of replay value to the game for people who don't want to collect all 100 Skultulas.

Enjoy! I haven't tried any of these yet, but I will do later.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.