GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell almost consumed me....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Tue 28/01/03 at 20:04
Regular
I was playing it last night. On a mates XBox. It rules.

I have to say its one of the best games I've played for a while.

I want!

:D
Fri 07/02/03 at 21:01
Regular
This game is sooooooooo gooooood i have it for ..... i mean i had it before it snapped by my brother but anyway i had it for pc and only completed the training an then i did not get to play it again.....sob...
sob....
Thu 30/01/03 at 16:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ah who cares.

I'd just repeat it again, as its so cool.
Wed 29/01/03 at 21:16
Regular
I doubt that - Ubi Soft will probably want to be concentrating primarily on their future projects, rather than downloads for a small amount of people. I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Wed 29/01/03 at 20:57
Regular
Put it this way, We get the downloadable extras you get and there is going to be more after the GC/PS2 versionis released.
Wed 29/01/03 at 20:47
Regular
Alright, alright, people. I'm just saying it's a shame X-Box owners have to pay that extra money, when PS2 and GC owners will get any downloadable extras included in the actual game. Downloaded updates should be great, but surely you guys must be a bit annoyed at Ubi Soft?

I know I am at the Die Hard: Vendetta developers. First they say it will be a GCN exclusive, then that's it's being ported to PS2, then that PS2 owners will get an exclusive multiplayer mode! Curse those cunning rogues.
Wed 29/01/03 at 20:42
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Mantis wrote:
> Maverick wrote:
> Pish. Bit of a scam, really.
>
> How is it a scam to offer free downloads that improve apon the game?

Because its not happening on GC - duh ! Come on Mantis you should know what these Ninties are like by now. ;-)

jk Mav ;-)
Wed 29/01/03 at 20:16
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Maverick wrote:
> Pish. Bit of a scam, really.

How is it a scam to offer free downloads that improve apon the game? The extra stuff is things- in Mech Assult and Unreal Champs case anyway- which people who play the game online regularly sugessted for improvements.

You can't do anything about a games faults if there is no way of improving it. The one thing about Unreal Championship which annoys me is how inconsistent the framerate can be on certain levels. Now a download is comming to fix the problem. Its a pain I know and the frame rate issue sholdn't be there in the first place- but it is and thats that. The download will make the game better.

So when and if GC goes online, think of how great it would be if every month there were new tracks to race on in say Mario Kart. If would keep the game fresh and is basicly something for nothing.
Wed 29/01/03 at 19:25
"slightlyshortertagl"
Tequila Sunset wrote:
> possibly gadgets etc.

Definately gadgets
Wed 29/01/03 at 17:51
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
What? Download new levels, possibly gadgets etc. Naturally buying a add-on disc for £40 is much better I suppose...
Tue 28/01/03 at 22:47
Regular
HalloHowArtThou wrote:
> Downloads.

Pish. Bit of a scam, really.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.