GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ps2 broke because of sbox"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/01/02 at 14:53
Regular
I love this site has close to everything
Fri 18/01/02 at 14:53
I love this site has close to everything
Fri 18/01/02 at 14:55
can anyone help me, my ps2 broke due to a mod called sbox my video and sound went dead. does anyone know what to do?
Fri 18/01/02 at 14:57
Regular
sbox mod? As in a chip that allows you to play NTSC games and stuff?

My advive... don`t do it in th first place... which is no help now.

I have no idea what can be done to fix it, sorry. However, there are several people on this site who may be able to help, so keep an eye on this thread, they may reply over the weekend.
Fri 18/01/02 at 15:01
I wish I didn't, Oh well what can I do now? I ended up buying a new one and having it messiah converted. lets hope that goes well. but if you know anyone who might be able to help please let me know thanks
Fri 18/01/02 at 15:06
Regular
"  "
i don't see how the chip could have knackered ur system.....u have taken it out? If not then it seems that the problem must have occured when installing the chip....u probably damaged a component.....or if it is a NTSC chip it could be that ur t.v. can't produce ntsc out put meaning no sound or picture.....thats all i know.
Fri 18/01/02 at 15:12
I had it installed and I played with it over a month then one day it just hang. I couldn't reset or anything when I turned it back on nothing came out. blank screen, heard the sbox gets power from the laser don't know what happen either, any suggestions?
Fri 18/01/02 at 15:58
Regular
"  "
power from the laser......hmmm....well i'm not sure how it would do that unless it is like a sonar panel...runs on light from the laser...hmm.....but if the laser broke it wouldn't mean the startup screen wouldn't appear...it would just mea it wouldn't read the disk.
Fri 18/01/02 at 18:29
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
it might share power to the laser?

sounds like a bad chip to me. should of gone for a NEO but messigh is ment to be a safe bet.

you could try taking it to a repair guy. there's one near me that does fault finding as well as chipping, it is risky chipping which is why i didn't bother as of yet.
Fri 18/01/02 at 18:31
Regular
"Bah"
lol i wonder who was tryin 2 pirate
MM
Fri 18/01/02 at 19:12
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
oh well bad luck that your ps2 broke while chipping, i'd say your best bet now would be to search for a ps2 repair service, there are many but some maybe dodgy find a reliable one and get it fixed, because your warrenty is expired now and sony won't help any more. (next time get a proffesional to do it, not that you should get it done at all)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.