GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"info on gba SP"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/01/03 at 20:56
Regular
After growing speculation, Nintendo have at last announced that the latest Gameboy which will be released this year will be the GameBoy Advance SP and is set to be launched in Europe on 28th March 2003 and will be priced around £85-£95.

The console has a completely new stylish design, making it look like a mini laptop or PDA. The console will be available in a range of colours, all of which have metallic finishes. These colours are silver, black and blue. I think the silver one looks the best!

The Gameboy Advance SP is a truly pocket-sized gadget, at only 84.6mm from front to back, 82mm wide and only 24.3mm thin! Nintendo have introduced further added things to their new gadget to give it a totally new image. These are: a flip-top screen with a integrated front screen light, plus a re-chargeable lithium battery similar to those found in mobile phones. According to Nintendo, the SP will allow over 10 hours of gameplay (with the light switched on) and 18 hours of gameplay with the light switched off!

As with the GameBoy Advance, all original GameBoy and GameBoy Advance games are compatible with the new console so don't worry about not being able to play your existing games! Also, all extras which were compatible with the existing GameBoy's is able to work on the SP!

These are all of the new technical specifications for the SP:

-New pocket-size and foldable with flip-top screen that enables more compact size.
-Dimensions are 82mm wide, 84.6mm height, 24.3mm deep.
-Weight of the SP is approximately 143g.
-New integrated self-contained LCD screen light.
-New built in re-chargeable Lithium Ion battery that enables approximately 10 hours of continual gameplay with approximately 3 hours recharging time.
-When the front light is turned off, the continual play increases to approximately 18 hours.
-Three premium/stylish metallic colours: silver,black and blue.
-Up to 32,000 simultaneous colours!!!
-Display size- 40.8mm x 61.2mm.
-Resolution- 240 x 160 dot.
-32-bit CPU with embedded memory.
-Multiplayer mode for up to 4 players with GameLink cable.
-Compatible with virtually all existing GameBoy and GameBoy Advance games.

I hope I have inspired you in to wanting one of these outstanding consoles so write a note of the date it is out in your diary and remember to pre-order one as they will probably be sold out within a day of release!

Thankyou for reading and please tell me if your going to buy one and what you think it will be like!

pring
Tue 28/01/03 at 20:56
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
After growing speculation, Nintendo have at last announced that the latest Gameboy which will be released this year will be the GameBoy Advance SP and is set to be launched in Europe on 28th March 2003 and will be priced around £85-£95.

The console has a completely new stylish design, making it look like a mini laptop or PDA. The console will be available in a range of colours, all of which have metallic finishes. These colours are silver, black and blue. I think the silver one looks the best!

The Gameboy Advance SP is a truly pocket-sized gadget, at only 84.6mm from front to back, 82mm wide and only 24.3mm thin! Nintendo have introduced further added things to their new gadget to give it a totally new image. These are: a flip-top screen with a integrated front screen light, plus a re-chargeable lithium battery similar to those found in mobile phones. According to Nintendo, the SP will allow over 10 hours of gameplay (with the light switched on) and 18 hours of gameplay with the light switched off!

As with the GameBoy Advance, all original GameBoy and GameBoy Advance games are compatible with the new console so don't worry about not being able to play your existing games! Also, all extras which were compatible with the existing GameBoy's is able to work on the SP!

These are all of the new technical specifications for the SP:

-New pocket-size and foldable with flip-top screen that enables more compact size.
-Dimensions are 82mm wide, 84.6mm height, 24.3mm deep.
-Weight of the SP is approximately 143g.
-New integrated self-contained LCD screen light.
-New built in re-chargeable Lithium Ion battery that enables approximately 10 hours of continual gameplay with approximately 3 hours recharging time.
-When the front light is turned off, the continual play increases to approximately 18 hours.
-Three premium/stylish metallic colours: silver,black and blue.
-Up to 32,000 simultaneous colours!!!
-Display size- 40.8mm x 61.2mm.
-Resolution- 240 x 160 dot.
-32-bit CPU with embedded memory.
-Multiplayer mode for up to 4 players with GameLink cable.
-Compatible with virtually all existing GameBoy and GameBoy Advance games.

I hope I have inspired you in to wanting one of these outstanding consoles so write a note of the date it is out in your diary and remember to pre-order one as they will probably be sold out within a day of release!

Thankyou for reading and please tell me if your going to buy one and what you think it will be like!

pring
Tue 28/01/03 at 21:04
Regular
"Festivus!"
Copy and Paste Jobby. Blatantly.
Tue 28/01/03 at 21:25
Idlewild wrote:
> Copy and Paste Jobby. Blatantly.

How do you know? Anyway I'm getting an SP.
Tue 28/01/03 at 21:59
Regular
Hmm, but will it bully my PS2 for me?
Wed 29/01/03 at 16:20
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
Idlewild wrote:
> Copy and Paste Jobby. Blatantly.

I haven't copied nothing! I gathered information from magazines and wrote MY OWN thoughts on what it would be like and all i took from the magazines were the specifications (no-one would know that anyway!)

So don't call me a cheat as i have never done it and will never do it just to win GAD! I wrote what i believed and in my own way (maybe i am just better than you at writing about things!).
Wed 29/01/03 at 16:32
"Darkness, always"
regardless, we all knew well before you posted it. But thanks anyway.

I don't know what they mean by "growing speculation". I just went to nintendo.co.uk one day and up popped this advert for it.

Complete surprise to me.
Wed 29/01/03 at 16:35
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
I said 'growing speculation' because it means that many people were becoming aware that another GameBoy was coming out but didnt know what it would be like.
Wed 29/01/03 at 16:38
"Darkness, always"
Shows how much I know.

I didn't have a clue.
Wed 29/01/03 at 16:41
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Shows how much I know.
>
> I didn't have a clue.

Well your catch phrase tells us that!

I'm not......ordinary!
Wed 29/01/03 at 16:55
"For the horde!!!!"
it sounds great but will Nintendo be making the same Gameboy advansed games or new improved games

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.