GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Idea - Life"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/01/02 at 00:01
Regular
This game would be set in a world like Grand Theft Auto, which is totally accessable. the only thing is, there is no real objective in the game, you do what u want when u want, obviously u will need money so to do that u would need to get a job, so you would walk arounnd or take the GTA route and steal a caaar or bike and try and find a job. i suppose it would also be a bit like the sims only much more interactive, it could more or less be more than 1 game included, like u could go to the arcade and play on the machines, a bit like in donkey kong 64 where u can play the original donnkey kong. and if u became a policeman u could try and track down crooks and the like. maybe even buy some spray paiunt and go around spraying a tag around on the walls of the city trying to esccape the cops, or become a sportsman and play some footie or be a tennis player etc.. this game could have so much potential as the limits would be endless the only problem would be for the game to look good it would probably take years and years to make. It coould even be expanded for online play so u could walk around a city full of people who are around the world, so if u were a cop u could be tracking down a mate of yours who is a criminal. It would be simply called "Life". anyway what u think.
Fri 18/01/02 at 00:01
Regular
"Top Gun"
This game would be set in a world like Grand Theft Auto, which is totally accessable. the only thing is, there is no real objective in the game, you do what u want when u want, obviously u will need money so to do that u would need to get a job, so you would walk arounnd or take the GTA route and steal a caaar or bike and try and find a job. i suppose it would also be a bit like the sims only much more interactive, it could more or less be more than 1 game included, like u could go to the arcade and play on the machines, a bit like in donkey kong 64 where u can play the original donnkey kong. and if u became a policeman u could try and track down crooks and the like. maybe even buy some spray paiunt and go around spraying a tag around on the walls of the city trying to esccape the cops, or become a sportsman and play some footie or be a tennis player etc.. this game could have so much potential as the limits would be endless the only problem would be for the game to look good it would probably take years and years to make. It coould even be expanded for online play so u could walk around a city full of people who are around the world, so if u were a cop u could be tracking down a mate of yours who is a criminal. It would be simply called "Life". anyway what u think.
Fri 18/01/02 at 08:46
Bear in mind that not everyone's life is shooting down old pensioners, taking their money and speeding away before the 'fuzz' arrive on the scene. If this game was developed, it should have variables or various characters to play as, or it would just be a milked version of Grand Theft Auto combined with a few more elements. It COULD be good if handled correctly, but they would have to take special precautions. Nice idea though.
Wed 23/01/02 at 21:27
"slightlyshortertagl"
Good idea but its a bit like Shenmue isnt it.. this would be huge project over God knows how many discs and/or cartridges.. it has potential if handled by Sega but i think any1 else would ruin it big time..........
Sat 26/01/02 at 19:53
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Theres an online game thats kinda like this (its set in the sovient Union) thats comming out later on this year for the PC

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.