GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Christmas time"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/09/00 at 16:33
Regular
The year 2000 and with Christmas looming it is hard not to get excited but epecially for the gaming industry by the 25th of December we would of seen the best in videogaming excellence from across the board not just on one format,i Feel that sweaty palms are in order as this is going to be one gaming christmas to remember.I am a Sega fan and the list is by far the best for the next yar or so but the other formats will have their day to,I mean look at the playstation its first machine is still going strong with a host of quality games coming along for example the final fantasy series comes back for its ninth outing and is promised to be the best yet where it goes back to its original routes,the cartoon style,Driver 2 ,a well deserved sequel to this great urban racing game which brought all the thrills of racing to the home and also the sequel to capcoms Jarassic Park,Dino Crisis it has improved visuals and a larger game to boot,a definent favourite.Sony are also releasing the controversial Playstation 2 due to its high prices and lack laster games but is still looking like a console to look forward too.The N64 will have its momments as well with its host of sequels including the best game ever so far Zelda 64 in the form of majoras mask,also the lovable duo of Banjo and Kazooie returns for their next adventure with its great graphics and fun gameplay looks like nintendo have another top seller.As for Sega possible the most gorgeous line up of titles the world is likely to see,Starting off with the game of 2000 which will be Shenmue,it promises to create a living fully interactive city where you can do anything in your quest to solve your fathers death,this is going to set a new standard in videogaming excellence,next up is the greatest pc game ever Half Life,its is more advanced than its younger brother with better graphics and has a added bonus game ,a hit,next up is the best multipayer game ever which is Quake 3 ,it has full online play and better graphics than the pc version which I know is quite hard to believe but it is true,Metropolis Street Racer is going to be a smah when it comes out ,it boasts a new level of realism as you race around the top cities in the world,you can even see the land marks such as big ben.The cartoon skating game which is Jet Set Radio looks as if it is going to take over from tony hawks as the best street sports game with graphics like these you cant do no wrong,there are so many titles not mention which will boast the popularity of the console,here are just some of the others which will grace your Dreamcast,Sega GT,Ferrari F355,Unreal Tournement,Sonic Adventure 2,System Shock 2,Soldier of Fortune,Phantasy Star Online,Daytona USA,Virtua Tennis,Outtrigger,etc.I think you will find a game for you this Christmas which will satisfy your tastebuds,so raise your glasses for a toast to video gaming excellence in the year 2000.
Sun 10/09/00 at 16:33
The year 2000 and with Christmas looming it is hard not to get excited but epecially for the gaming industry by the 25th of December we would of seen the best in videogaming excellence from across the board not just on one format,i Feel that sweaty palms are in order as this is going to be one gaming christmas to remember.I am a Sega fan and the list is by far the best for the next yar or so but the other formats will have their day to,I mean look at the playstation its first machine is still going strong with a host of quality games coming along for example the final fantasy series comes back for its ninth outing and is promised to be the best yet where it goes back to its original routes,the cartoon style,Driver 2 ,a well deserved sequel to this great urban racing game which brought all the thrills of racing to the home and also the sequel to capcoms Jarassic Park,Dino Crisis it has improved visuals and a larger game to boot,a definent favourite.Sony are also releasing the controversial Playstation 2 due to its high prices and lack laster games but is still looking like a console to look forward too.The N64 will have its momments as well with its host of sequels including the best game ever so far Zelda 64 in the form of majoras mask,also the lovable duo of Banjo and Kazooie returns for their next adventure with its great graphics and fun gameplay looks like nintendo have another top seller.As for Sega possible the most gorgeous line up of titles the world is likely to see,Starting off with the game of 2000 which will be Shenmue,it promises to create a living fully interactive city where you can do anything in your quest to solve your fathers death,this is going to set a new standard in videogaming excellence,next up is the greatest pc game ever Half Life,its is more advanced than its younger brother with better graphics and has a added bonus game ,a hit,next up is the best multipayer game ever which is Quake 3 ,it has full online play and better graphics than the pc version which I know is quite hard to believe but it is true,Metropolis Street Racer is going to be a smah when it comes out ,it boasts a new level of realism as you race around the top cities in the world,you can even see the land marks such as big ben.The cartoon skating game which is Jet Set Radio looks as if it is going to take over from tony hawks as the best street sports game with graphics like these you cant do no wrong,there are so many titles not mention which will boast the popularity of the console,here are just some of the others which will grace your Dreamcast,Sega GT,Ferrari F355,Unreal Tournement,Sonic Adventure 2,System Shock 2,Soldier of Fortune,Phantasy Star Online,Daytona USA,Virtua Tennis,Outtrigger,etc.I think you will find a game for you this Christmas which will satisfy your tastebuds,so raise your glasses for a toast to video gaming excellence in the year 2000.
Sun 10/09/00 at 17:35
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Nice article, well written and an absorbing read, nice one!

I think that the gaming retailers, however, are dreading Christmas. They probably budgetted for massive overturn with the PS2, which Sony cannot guarantee for this period, which may leave some smaller outlets with unmanageable bank overdrafts for the start of 2001, perhaps driving some of them under altogether.

Let's hope the game developers get their acts together and hit their promised deadlines to save our high street outlets in time for Christmas.
Sun 10/09/00 at 17:36
But it is a exciting propect christmas
Sun 10/09/00 at 19:32
Gamers delight this year
Sun 10/09/00 at 22:09
Regular
"Under the Wall"
Anyone without an order won't get PS2, the best money for N64 games will probably have to wait utill January at least to be spent (conker's, etc), games too expensive for big time fun, and it probably won't snow untill february, when all we'll get is muddy slush.

'Tis the season...
Mon 11/09/00 at 16:14
This one should of won
Mon 11/09/00 at 19:25
im crying inside
Mon 11/09/00 at 21:30
tell me what games you are looking forward to.im interested.
Mon 11/09/00 at 22:23
OH NO! Another Zelda? AAAAAARGH, they'll be saying it's an RPG again... DARN THEM ALL!
Ahem, you are forgetting the many PC Games coming out! Black & White, which should be a great game because it's something that hasn't really been done before (though it has elements from Populous in it, but very few)! Warcraft3, well it has been done before... twice, but that doesn't mean it'll be bad, and knowing Blizzard it wont see the light of day if it is (they have very high standards and wont settle with low quality games). Monkey Island 4, a new addition to the best adventure game series ever, this should be a great and hilarious game, fun for all! C&C Renegade, looks like a great game, one man against a huge amount of very intelligent foes, with lots of space and the need for tactics. It's a FPS by the way (though i think you get a 3rd person perspective too, or only). Hitman: Codename 47, strange name but great looking game, a huge tactical assasination game in which you get to decide exactly what you do, might not make Christmans though... shame, sounds like a brilliant game. Mechwarrior 4, how could it fail? all mech games have been great and this one looks set to surpass greatness! Baldur's Gate 2, another surefire success if it's anywhere near as good as the original!

Of course, there's a chance quite a few of these games will be pushed back, but here's hoping! Oh, and Half-Life has great multiplayer, if not only because of the huge amounts of multiplayer mods you can get! so it could be the greatest Multiplayer game of all time instead of Quake 3, or some would say Unreal Tournament.
Mon 11/09/00 at 23:07
the last 3 you stated are coming out for the dreamcast.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.