GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand theft auto 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto 3'.
Wed 29/01/03 at 20:11
Regular
Don't you think that 18 is a little harsh for this great game. If you agrre or don't
Wed 29/01/03 at 20:11
Regular
Don't you think that 18 is a little harsh for this great game. If you agrre or don't
Wed 29/01/03 at 20:13
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I think it should be for all ages.

It's only a violent game with loads of killings, nicking stuff, swearing and dodgy business with women...
Wed 29/01/03 at 20:15
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Not really no. It is a game that lets you kill people as you wish, flee from cops, rob shops, steal cars and do dodgy dealing (all the things wrong with Britain).

Kids still have the game anyway but if it wasn't an 18 and street crime increased then the game would be taken off the shelves.
Wed 29/01/03 at 20:17
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Didn't you do an identical topic about Vice City, why couldn't you just have had a topic called "GTA age rating" or something and said:

Do you think the 18 age rating for the GTA series is a little harsh

it would have been better than posting twice, read the advice for newbies topic by Why? it is very informative.

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?

threadid=67134&forumid=416
Thu 30/01/03 at 19:42
Nah, mate, not at all. I know there are gamers under that age who are mature enough to play it and not be tw*ts about it, and there are a few people over 18 who aren't, but they have to find a fair age and I reckon 18 is about right. It's pretty desensitising content in these games. I know a guy who is a couple years older than me, about 22 or 23 and when he was telling me about the Getaway, all he was going on about was how great it was and I quote, "Yeah, man... it's got the lot, swearing... s*&t, f*$k, w#$*&r..." I couldn't beleive what I was hearing. I was waiting for him to actually say something about the game or what you can do on it, or the replication of London or gameplay mechanics or even the graphics, sound... ... but no... it was all about the controversy. He didn't get GTA: VC, it's more stylised, but much better executed for that type of game... Anyhow, it seems that people are buying it for the fact they can get away with doing things so controversial. The bottom line, is who sees it as escapism... and who sees it as more than that. 18 rating puts the line is... I know I've made a long winded point, but still... That's the one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.