GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you have any idea when Phantasy Star Online coming for the Xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Phantasy Star Online'.
Wed 29/01/03 at 21:42
Regular
Hi, I was wondering when Phantasy Star Online coming out for the Xbox?
Sat 01/02/03 at 22:48
Regular
Well that's clearly wrong. X-Box owners get Episode 1. Full stop.
Sat 01/02/03 at 21:09
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> Last time I looked on Sega's website (quite a while ago mind) it
> only
> said it was coming out for GameCube.
>
> That's Episodes 1 & 2. X-Box owners get Episode 1.

From Xengamers.com

Microsoft has confirmed plans to distribute the Xbox version of Sega's network compatible RPG Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II to retailers in America in early March. The game will retail for $39.99 and requires a subscription to Xbox Live for both online and offline play. To play the game online, Xbox Live subscribers will be required to buy a hunter's license. In addition to allowing online play, the hunter’s license provides access to downloadable content such as seasonal quests and rare in-game items. The hunter's license is free of charge for the first two months, and after that will carry a service fee of $8.95 per month. According to Microsoft, the reason for the Xbox Live requirement even for offline play was because the Japanese version of the game required it as it came bundled with the Xbox Live Starter Kit. The reasoning for keeping the Xbox Live requirement in the North American release was that the heart of the game is the online mode anyway, and Microsoft wanted to launch the game domestically as soon as possible.

Outside of the inclusion of voice support with the Xbox Live communicator headset, this game will be a straight port of the GameCube version released last year. The downloadable content for the Xbox Live version will be identical to the content that is offered GameCube owners, with the exception of patches to correct any of the “NOLing,” item duplicating or online cheating problems that have affected previous versions of Phantasy Star Online. Microsoft is taking the threat of cheating in the game very seriously and has stated that the decision to patch a game will not be made lightly. A representative also pointed out that modded Xbox consoles will not work with Xbox Live, and that there are no GameShark-style cheat devices currently available for the Xbox.

Developed by famed Sega designer Yuji Naka and SonicTeam, Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II features two games in one: Episode I contains all of the content from Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2, while Episode II brings gamers back for an all-new adventure on the planet of Ragol. Gamers will search uncharted areas, battle unique monsters and discover numerous items. Both episodes can be played online or offline with up to four gamers. Additional game modes include Challenge and Battle. Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound is also supported in Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II.
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:56
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Last time I looked on Sega's website (quite a while ago mind) it only
> said it was coming out for GameCube.

That's Episodes 1 & 2. X-Box owners get Episode 1.
Fri 31/01/03 at 20:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
GC is launching online with PSO1/2 in March over here, so I imagine PSO will launch around the same time for you.
Fri 31/01/03 at 20:09
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
It's out on Xbox in Japan...
Fri 31/01/03 at 16:03
Regular
Last time I looked on Sega's website (quite a while ago mind) it only said it was coming out for GameCube.
Thu 30/01/03 at 18:29
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
there isnt a release date yet
but i hope it is released soon it sounds pretty good
Wed 29/01/03 at 21:42
Regular
"*Xbox vs PS2*"
Hi, I was wondering when Phantasy Star Online coming out for the Xbox?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.