GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"mega memory 16mb.pile of sh*te or is it me?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/01/02 at 11:04
Regular
ok-so i am a newcomer to all this gaming stuff and just got a ps2 for chrissie...fantastic!
quickly learn that you really need a memory card so i go out and buy mega memory card.
now i dont know if its my incompetence in using this piece of kit or if its basically a design.
its bad enough that you have to boot the thing to start a game but a lot of the time you have to boot it so many times just to get recognised.
everythings fine on ea sports fi 2001 but at the moment i cant get it to recognise shaun palmers pro snowboarder.
anyboby else have the same problems?
Thu 17/01/02 at 11:04
ok-so i am a newcomer to all this gaming stuff and just got a ps2 for chrissie...fantastic!
quickly learn that you really need a memory card so i go out and buy mega memory card.
now i dont know if its my incompetence in using this piece of kit or if its basically a design.
its bad enough that you have to boot the thing to start a game but a lot of the time you have to boot it so many times just to get recognised.
everythings fine on ea sports fi 2001 but at the moment i cant get it to recognise shaun palmers pro snowboarder.
anyboby else have the same problems?
Thu 17/01/02 at 11:21
I think it's great technology if you ask me. Think about it. You can turn this into 80 megs of saved files!

That's incredible!
Thu 17/01/02 at 12:22
Regular
Why didnt you buy a Sony memory card everyone(except you) knows that third party PS2 cards especially ones that are supposed to have more space ALWAYS GO WRONG
stick with the official memory card so what if its £25 at least it wont go wrong all the time
Thu 17/01/02 at 13:52
"slightlyshortertagl"
Stick to official stuff, it'll help especially with the warranty and things like that..
Why dont you try and get a replacement or moneybak and buy yourself an official one, OK they're more expensive but MUCH more reliable.
Thu 17/01/02 at 13:54
Regular
"699 days!"
Mystique wrote:
> Why didnt you buy a Sony memory card everyone(except you) knows that third party
> PS2 cards especially ones that are supposed to have more space ALWAYS GO
> WRONG
stick with the official memory card so what if its £25 at least it
> wont go wrong all the time

Give him a break, he's obviously quite knew to the gaming world. But you're right, unless you know its good, always stick to official, or you'll end up with c**p.
Thu 17/01/02 at 14:54
Regular
"I confused?"
Yeah they often break the big mem cards
Thu 17/01/02 at 19:56
Regular
"disappearing act"
Yep I got a 16 meg card but what I think is crap is before you play you have to load the memory card but the offical memory card loads its self.
Thu 17/01/02 at 20:07
i no i (wasted?) £30 on the 8 meg card and since christmas it has manageded to save twice successfully. even when im saving at the end of the game i start it up the next day gone. WHATS GOING ON!
Thu 17/01/02 at 20:10
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
My brother had a PSone memory card that was like 30 times a normal one. But it wiped and I lost everything (I used it more than him) all my smackdown 2, GTA, GT3, metal gear solid and tekken saves were lost. Thats only a few of the games I lost, I cant remember the others.

Thats what you get when you buy an EB own card.
Thu 17/01/02 at 22:18
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
A dummies guide to non-official memory cards in ten simple steps...

Step 1 - Pick up memory card and recipt
Step 2 - Pick up car keys
Step 3 - Open front door
Step 4 - Walk through front door
Step 5 - Get into car (using the car keys)
Step 6 - Drive to shop (avoiding pedestrians)
Step 7 - Walk into shop
Step 8 - Put memory card on shop counter
Step 9 - Demand your money back
Step 10 - Use money to buy an official memory card. Simple!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.