GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Silicon Nights Game!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/01/03 at 14:28
Regular
I'm surprised no-one's posted anything about this game already!

Taken from cube-europe.com (a couple of days ago...):

"Acclaim have announced they will publish a new game, Urban Freestyle Street Soccer."

"This new soccer game developed by Silicon Nights will feature aggressive tackling, mesmerising flicks, four on four gaming and plenty of goals. The game will be different from most soccer games out there, it will be set on the streets and feature arcade-style gameplay. The game will be released on the PlayStation 2, Xbox and Gamecube in Autumn 2003."

"The game will be set on the streets and fields where soccer is played on all over the world and replace the usual goalposts with things like oil drums and jumpers. Another big difference from usual soccer games are the rules, or the lack of. Players will be able to go offside and tackle how they wish without being stopped."

"Ned Browning who is the brand manager of Acclaim International said this about the game:
"Urban Freestyle Soccer will offer a great alternative to the traditional football game and will appeal to a much wider audience. There has never been a football game which takes the best from park soccer and combines it with the raw energy and skill which is seen every day on the streets around the world. Urban Freestyle Soccer will deliver the ultimate arcade football experience ever – with innovation which will revitalise the genre."

"Urban Freestyle Street Soccer will feature a unique control system which allows players to do tricks, flicks and volleys with ease with simple button-pressing combos and look like tricks by the great players of the game."

"The game will feature five modes of play which include, Turf Wars, Home Turf and Street Challenge Cup. Players will be able to pick from 16 world-wide teams and earn points for team upgrades, mini-games and hidden rewards."

----------

It may not be FIFA, ISS, or Pro Evo, but I think this could be a great football game - even if it is multi-format - just because it's different.

I'm sure I'll be getting it. :)
Fri 31/01/03 at 23:20
Regular
A small error.... i doubt it was deliberate... probably similar to knights and so were thinking silicon knights at the time of writing and bam a mistake.

i quiet like em i like rumours too.
Fri 31/01/03 at 23:18
Regular
I'm beggining too loose faith in Cube-Europes reporting skills.

They're so damn biased and they take small rumours and almost make you believe that they're true.

You can get banned on their forums for as little as stating that the Cube smells.
Fri 31/01/03 at 23:15
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> And besides head of Silicon Denis Dyack said the next project will
> be
> for Gamecube and on one else.
>
> What does that mean - GameCube and one more platform?

on-no
Fri 31/01/03 at 23:15
Regular
Just found this from Planet Gamecube:

LONDON, UK, 23 January 2003 – Aggressive tackling, mesmerising flicks and scorching goals are guaranteed as Acclaim Entertainment Ltd announces the launch of Urban Freestyle Soccer. Developed by Silicon Dreams, this action-packed four-on-four football feast encompasses everything that's great about the beautiful game by taking it back to the streets and combining silky skills with hard-edged extreme rules to deliver end-to-end, arcade-style action. Urban Freestyle Soccer will be released in Autumn 2003 on PlayStation®2, XboxTM and Nintendo GameCubeTM.

Silicon Knights indeed.
Fri 31/01/03 at 23:10
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> And besides head of Silicon Denis Dyack said the next project will be
> for Gamecube and on one else.

What does that mean - GameCube and one more platform?
Fri 31/01/03 at 23:01
Regular
http://www.planetgamecube.com/ media.cfm?action=screens&id=105

Take a look at these shots, does this really look like a good game to you?
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:55
Regular
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> You always say that.

You obviously haven't seen the pics of a Rasta man kicking a bean bag then.
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:50
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> But Silicon Knights ARE an exclusive GCN developer, aren't they?

Yeah but unlike retro-studios there is a chance they'll become un-exclusive... i doubt it though.

And besides head of Silicon Denis Dyack said the next project will be for Gamecube and on one else.
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:37
Regular
"Remember me?"
You always say that.
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:36
Regular
Whatever it is this game looks completly

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.