GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You don't need a freeloader to play Animal Crossing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing'.
Fri 31/01/03 at 17:16
Regular
Because it is on the Australian release list... hence play testing the PAl version. It is cunningly given a date of 2003. heh.
Sat 01/02/03 at 16:25
Regular
Australia is still ruled by Britain so I'd say it'd end up being more like us than the Americans, eg, They'll get the Queens 51st jubilee etc, BORING, but, hey, the only good celebrations ARE Christmas and New Years, kinda, and every American Celebration is pretty much the same as ours (Independence Day, Guy Fawkes Night) except that they have more. Cool.
Sat 01/02/03 at 10:36
Regular
hmmm still not convincxed.
anyways by the time it "does" get released in Oz, the sequel will be almost ready in the US, so why bother?
Sat 01/02/03 at 00:50
Regular
"thursdayton!"
*goes to dig up old posts about this very topic from November*

Can't be bothered.
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
:D
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:19
Regular
Yeah but Australia will have a wacky weather and stupid holidays like 'Harold Bishop day' and 'Peter Jackson day'
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Australia is more like us.

Only Oz day, and all the others are the same...
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:16
Regular
Since when do we celebrate thanks giving and independance day... that is all they will do is remove them and stick it in pal format for australia... it was announced with all the others at yesterdays press release.
Fri 31/01/03 at 22:08
Regular
So Animal Crossing will have Australian references? I might have to import it then, seeing as we're more like the Americans than Australians.
Fri 31/01/03 at 21:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Europe is a victim of its own diversity.

They can't localise AC to all the different nations......

So the Australian version is Pal, but localised to Oz, as its one large country, not lots of large-ish ones.
Fri 31/01/03 at 21:33
Regular
I was looking on ebay and they don't have any feckin copies of Animal Crossing on their. Just comes up with a load of playing cards.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.