GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy Ultima"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/01/03 at 20:19
Regular
Everyone’s got their favourite. Mine keeps changing. But you’ll always argue over which Final Fantasy is the best.

So, to solve this problem I’m gonna create the ultimate FF - a giant, godlike, beautiful hybrid of FF 7 through 10. (I won’t include 4-6 as some aren’t too familiar with them, and most of their ideas are in the latter version anyway).
I’ll take all the best bits form all the Final Fantasies and chuck them together to solve all our bickering, and we’ll have ... (dum-dum-duummm) ... Final Fantasy Ultima!

Although, you’ll probably still argue about what I put in and leave out.
Picky b’stards.

Anywho, down to business.
First up:

**Characters**

The main character will be a hybrid of them all: Squall’s attitude and looks with Cloud’s weird flashbacks and big hair. He’s also a star blitzball player, with a tail, dressed up like Zidane.
His sword is a gunblade, of course, with a glass-like blade similar Tidus’s.
Name: Zioulusall

The compulsory love-interest will be Riona, who’s got deadly fists like Tifa, is also a run-away princess and summoner and pretty darn nice to look at.
Name: Riarnyufa

And Aeris has to be in it, and get killed, as this is the best scene in any FF. She’s also a mysterious goth-warrior teacher, who’s attracted to the main bloke, as is Riarnyufa.
Name: Aeryalutis

Also, the secondry-bloke is a hopeless knight with a gun-arm, a cowboy hat and a Jamaican(ish) accent who swears a lot and shouts “MARLENE!” at various occasions.
Name: Irvakkretstein.

Other characters included:

Quina, Eiko and Cait Sith : Quinithko

Vincent, Auron, Red XIII and Armarant : Armroncent XIII

Yuffie, Selphie and Rikku (Mmm-hmmm!) : Yukkuphie

Vivi, Zell and Cid : Vivellid

Next up:
*Story*

Not too difficult as all FFs have fairly similar themes in their stories. So I’ll just chuck ‘em together and see what comes out.

A big, scary monster called Sinnova is causing havoc on the world. Controlled by Seymomacia, it can travel backwards and foward in time and between the spirit and real world. Kujaphiroth, the son of Sinnnova and it’s servant in the real world has come to take Zioulusall to the evil side. As it turns out, our hero is actually related to Kujaphiroth by a tenuous link and together as father and son or brothers or whatever they are, they could rule the world.
But Seymomacia has other ideas, it wants to use Sinnova to destroy the world and suck all the life out of it, then move onto another planet until it has all the power in the universe. So Seymomacia manipulates Kujaphiroth to kill Aeryalutis, who the hero was falling in love with. Zioulusall is mighty displeased.

In some strange, retarded, flashback future-seeing experience Zioulusall discovers that it is Seymomacia that is really the bad one, and he’ll have to kill Sinnova first in order to get to it’s centre and then face off against the big bad guys.
So he takes his airship, the Invinarokwind, and goes into a massive crater, though an iceberg at the bottom, through Sinnova’s mouth, then up a big chain to a castle in the sky. Here he faces off, with his companions (here, Armroncent reveals he’s actually dead) and with the help of the deceased Aeryalutis who’s called on the planet’s life energy for help, kills Sinnova and Seymomacia, and saves the world.
Huzzah!

Well, that was ... interesting.
Yes, very ... interesting.

Onwards and upwards:
*Sub-Areas*

Well, chocobos of course.
Lots of chocobos.
Many a chocobo shall be seen

I’ll ditch 8’s attempts, which were pretty hopeless unless you had the illusive pocketstation or a PC.

So, firstly you’ll have have to fight with a chocobo and kill everything except it as in 7, then you’d have to tame it and learn how to ride it, as in 10. Then you’d take it back to the stables and you could breed it to get stronger Chocobos or the ones of different colours. When you’ve bred or just caught a Chocobo you can then either race it or go hunting for treasure in a certain area - the better Chocobo you’ve got, the deeper it can dig and the faster it runs.
Also, you can hunt for treasure across the world map, and when you find it your Chocobo’s stats get higher, allowing it to dig deeper and run faster yet again.
You’ll need 2 Chocobo’s with full stats mated together to produce a Golden one, which can run and fly anywhere you want, and run very fast and dig very deep indeed.

I’m quite proud of that.
Sounds just perfect.

And you’ll need a card game. Not too difficult, as addictive and fun as 9’s but actually follows the rules strictly and doesn’t do anything unexpected, causing you to lose (as 9 did on occasions) like 8 did.
If you beat an enemy, you can then challenge it to a card-game - and, perhaps, some enemies just want to play cards and not try and eat you as always.

Blitzball’s back. And it, also, follows the rules, so when you’ve got more points than the other person, you keep the ball. It makes more sense that way. All your friends can take place in matches, and the scouting option is more in-depth. You can also practise various abilities and there is a sub-quest which you come against bosses which you have to take out with carefully places shots to different regions and some neat passing between your team mates.

There’s also every other side-quest invented, secret summons and bosses, monster catching, the whole works - even skipping. And to do all these would take longer than the actual story itself.

Sooo:
*The Battle System*

This is a tough one. The battle system and the weapon / armour system for each FF is different, and for each one it’s just right.
I can’t fault any of them, or choose my favourite so let’s see what happens.

The battle-system will be mostly as FFX’s - it’s more free-flowing and less repetitive. And the option to swap characters in and out remains, it’d be great for levelling up everyone fairly.
As for levelling up, the Sphere Grid would be used only for getting more HP and increasing Stats. I’ll nick the clothing system form FF9 - you have to learn the abilities and spells from the clothes you’ve got equipped, then the abilities turn into Materia
But your weapon and accessory will have Materia slots, which you can then put the abilities you learn into and then use in battle. But you can only use them when they’re ‘fully charged’ - similar to the drawing system of FF8, but drawing wastes a few turns and fully charges all your equipped abilities. The draw-points in towns etc. will also do this.

Bit of a mish-mash, but it’d be mighty interesting, no doubt.

And, I suppose that’s about it.
Except, I suppose, the locations. You team’ll travel through places like Midgar, Esthar, the Calm Lands, Mideel, Luca, Lindblum, Fossil Roo, Fisherman’s Horizon, the Gold Saucer, the Shumi Village, Lunar Base, the Forgotten City, Zanarkand, the Thunder Plains and all the areas of the Final Battles.
Imagine that - all the best locations from all the FFs. That’s some breathtaking list.

Now, that really IS it form Final Fantasy Ultima.
The best bits of them all shoved together to create a masterpiece.
Or was it?
Would this be better? Or are they better all on their own?

I’m still not sure.
And I’m still not sure which is my favourite after all the ripping apart. All I know is that the Final Fantasy series are the best games ever created. More than games, almost.

Whadda you all think, then?

Thankyouverymuch,
FFF
Fri 31/01/03 at 20:19
"period drama"
Everyone’s got their favourite. Mine keeps changing. But you’ll always argue over which Final Fantasy is the best.

So, to solve this problem I’m gonna create the ultimate FF - a giant, godlike, beautiful hybrid of FF 7 through 10. (I won’t include 4-6 as some aren’t too familiar with them, and most of their ideas are in the latter version anyway).
I’ll take all the best bits form all the Final Fantasies and chuck them together to solve all our bickering, and we’ll have ... (dum-dum-duummm) ... Final Fantasy Ultima!

Although, you’ll probably still argue about what I put in and leave out.
Picky b’stards.

Anywho, down to business.
First up:

**Characters**

The main character will be a hybrid of them all: Squall’s attitude and looks with Cloud’s weird flashbacks and big hair. He’s also a star blitzball player, with a tail, dressed up like Zidane.
His sword is a gunblade, of course, with a glass-like blade similar Tidus’s.
Name: Zioulusall

The compulsory love-interest will be Riona, who’s got deadly fists like Tifa, is also a run-away princess and summoner and pretty darn nice to look at.
Name: Riarnyufa

And Aeris has to be in it, and get killed, as this is the best scene in any FF. She’s also a mysterious goth-warrior teacher, who’s attracted to the main bloke, as is Riarnyufa.
Name: Aeryalutis

Also, the secondry-bloke is a hopeless knight with a gun-arm, a cowboy hat and a Jamaican(ish) accent who swears a lot and shouts “MARLENE!” at various occasions.
Name: Irvakkretstein.

Other characters included:

Quina, Eiko and Cait Sith : Quinithko

Vincent, Auron, Red XIII and Armarant : Armroncent XIII

Yuffie, Selphie and Rikku (Mmm-hmmm!) : Yukkuphie

Vivi, Zell and Cid : Vivellid

Next up:
*Story*

Not too difficult as all FFs have fairly similar themes in their stories. So I’ll just chuck ‘em together and see what comes out.

A big, scary monster called Sinnova is causing havoc on the world. Controlled by Seymomacia, it can travel backwards and foward in time and between the spirit and real world. Kujaphiroth, the son of Sinnnova and it’s servant in the real world has come to take Zioulusall to the evil side. As it turns out, our hero is actually related to Kujaphiroth by a tenuous link and together as father and son or brothers or whatever they are, they could rule the world.
But Seymomacia has other ideas, it wants to use Sinnova to destroy the world and suck all the life out of it, then move onto another planet until it has all the power in the universe. So Seymomacia manipulates Kujaphiroth to kill Aeryalutis, who the hero was falling in love with. Zioulusall is mighty displeased.

In some strange, retarded, flashback future-seeing experience Zioulusall discovers that it is Seymomacia that is really the bad one, and he’ll have to kill Sinnova first in order to get to it’s centre and then face off against the big bad guys.
So he takes his airship, the Invinarokwind, and goes into a massive crater, though an iceberg at the bottom, through Sinnova’s mouth, then up a big chain to a castle in the sky. Here he faces off, with his companions (here, Armroncent reveals he’s actually dead) and with the help of the deceased Aeryalutis who’s called on the planet’s life energy for help, kills Sinnova and Seymomacia, and saves the world.
Huzzah!

Well, that was ... interesting.
Yes, very ... interesting.

Onwards and upwards:
*Sub-Areas*

Well, chocobos of course.
Lots of chocobos.
Many a chocobo shall be seen

I’ll ditch 8’s attempts, which were pretty hopeless unless you had the illusive pocketstation or a PC.

So, firstly you’ll have have to fight with a chocobo and kill everything except it as in 7, then you’d have to tame it and learn how to ride it, as in 10. Then you’d take it back to the stables and you could breed it to get stronger Chocobos or the ones of different colours. When you’ve bred or just caught a Chocobo you can then either race it or go hunting for treasure in a certain area - the better Chocobo you’ve got, the deeper it can dig and the faster it runs.
Also, you can hunt for treasure across the world map, and when you find it your Chocobo’s stats get higher, allowing it to dig deeper and run faster yet again.
You’ll need 2 Chocobo’s with full stats mated together to produce a Golden one, which can run and fly anywhere you want, and run very fast and dig very deep indeed.

I’m quite proud of that.
Sounds just perfect.

And you’ll need a card game. Not too difficult, as addictive and fun as 9’s but actually follows the rules strictly and doesn’t do anything unexpected, causing you to lose (as 9 did on occasions) like 8 did.
If you beat an enemy, you can then challenge it to a card-game - and, perhaps, some enemies just want to play cards and not try and eat you as always.

Blitzball’s back. And it, also, follows the rules, so when you’ve got more points than the other person, you keep the ball. It makes more sense that way. All your friends can take place in matches, and the scouting option is more in-depth. You can also practise various abilities and there is a sub-quest which you come against bosses which you have to take out with carefully places shots to different regions and some neat passing between your team mates.

There’s also every other side-quest invented, secret summons and bosses, monster catching, the whole works - even skipping. And to do all these would take longer than the actual story itself.

Sooo:
*The Battle System*

This is a tough one. The battle system and the weapon / armour system for each FF is different, and for each one it’s just right.
I can’t fault any of them, or choose my favourite so let’s see what happens.

The battle-system will be mostly as FFX’s - it’s more free-flowing and less repetitive. And the option to swap characters in and out remains, it’d be great for levelling up everyone fairly.
As for levelling up, the Sphere Grid would be used only for getting more HP and increasing Stats. I’ll nick the clothing system form FF9 - you have to learn the abilities and spells from the clothes you’ve got equipped, then the abilities turn into Materia
But your weapon and accessory will have Materia slots, which you can then put the abilities you learn into and then use in battle. But you can only use them when they’re ‘fully charged’ - similar to the drawing system of FF8, but drawing wastes a few turns and fully charges all your equipped abilities. The draw-points in towns etc. will also do this.

Bit of a mish-mash, but it’d be mighty interesting, no doubt.

And, I suppose that’s about it.
Except, I suppose, the locations. You team’ll travel through places like Midgar, Esthar, the Calm Lands, Mideel, Luca, Lindblum, Fossil Roo, Fisherman’s Horizon, the Gold Saucer, the Shumi Village, Lunar Base, the Forgotten City, Zanarkand, the Thunder Plains and all the areas of the Final Battles.
Imagine that - all the best locations from all the FFs. That’s some breathtaking list.

Now, that really IS it form Final Fantasy Ultima.
The best bits of them all shoved together to create a masterpiece.
Or was it?
Would this be better? Or are they better all on their own?

I’m still not sure.
And I’m still not sure which is my favourite after all the ripping apart. All I know is that the Final Fantasy series are the best games ever created. More than games, almost.

Whadda you all think, then?

Thankyouverymuch,
FFF
Sat 01/02/03 at 03:27
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Riarnyufa would have to have the attributes of either Tifa or Lulu in terms of chest dimensions or else I'm not buying it.

And you can't kill off Aeryalutis, because then Disney will be able to snap her up and put her in Kingdom Hearts 2, but craftily change her name to Aeryalutith, so that noone suffers too much from post traumatic stress disorder. If you do stab her in the back with a big sword and dump her in a lake you'll have to, at the very least, add a little FMV snippet providing hope that she's not really dead and that there's a sequel in the making. Like a cut shot at the end where you see the bottom of the lake, with Aeryalutis' weapon lying there, but no body...

Link the card-collecting to being able to assign breedable attributes for the Chocobos and you've got a hit.

Call it 'Final Fantasy XIII: the Wrath of the Jedi', and you'll capture a huge untapped market.
Sat 01/02/03 at 11:02
"period drama"
Heh heh.
Maybe our hero can use his brains and perhaps dig out a Pheonix Down or a Life spell for the lovely lady. That's always really psseed me off.

I'd love that Chocobo section in there - I'd be fantastic. As for the card-attributes, that another great idea - they could sell it as a separate game entirely.

What about that Yukkuphie, then?
Sat 01/02/03 at 11:38
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> What about that Yukkuphie, then?

She can be the butt of every joke in the game. Like she usually is. And she's not allowed to wear anything more than a bikini. For 300+ hours of gameplay. And at the end of the game you get to unlock new costumes. Hers is an even smaller bikini.

Oh, and the game's not allowed to end. After you've killed off Sinnova and Seymomacia, then end credits roll, then the main title screen appears with:

New Game
Load Game
CONTINUE?

and you can play through it all again, except this time the monsters are twice as tough and the cards you have to collect are green instead of red. At the end of this, you get Super Sinnova and Seymomacia, and once you beat them, you can still continue, but the baddies are twice as tough yet again (4 times tougher than originally). And the cards are now blue. And Zioulusall wears a little badge on his shirt saying "I've completed FFXIII twice!".

So you can carry on doing this over and over, and you can upload the badge in banner form to the internet to showoff.
Sat 01/02/03 at 11:51
Regular
I just had a thought...after 5 or 6 completions of the game, Yukkuphie's bikini would be so small that it would just be a thong and a couple of tassles. So Zioulusall's badge would then read "I've completed FFXIII 6 times but I'm having trouble walking now".

The possibilities for this are endless. Please e-mail this thread to SquareSoft.
Sat 01/02/03 at 11:52
"period drama"
Blue cards!
I can't contain my exitement.

What happens whe you beat Super Neo Mega Ultima Omega Diamond Seymomacia in its 5th form?
Maybe the chance of gold cards could entice another play-thorugh.

And this time, all the charcters are Chocobos, except Yukkuphie who'll be completely nekkid by this point. That trek through the mountains will never be so hard.
And the first enemy you come across will have around 100 million HP and be immune against every kind of attack except a poke to the upper thigh, which removes 1 HP. You can't run away, natuarally, and at the end you'll recieve 2 Exp and a potion. Huzzah!
Sat 01/02/03 at 11:54
"period drama"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I just had a thought...after 5 or 6 completions of the game,
> Yukkuphie's bikini would be so small that it would just be a thong and
> a couple of tassles. So Zioulusall's badge would then read "I've
> completed FFXIII 6 times but I'm having trouble walking now".

Then you'll have to go around in a wheelchair, using the £59.99 wheelcharing accesory for the ultimate wheelchair experience.
Sat 01/02/03 at 13:03
i think ff7 is the best, the story line is so cool but i think the worst is ff8.
Sat 01/02/03 at 17:49
"period drama"
That's really not the point here.
I'm trying to abolish everyone's veiws of which by putting them all in one game than no-one can doubt is the best.
Sat 01/02/03 at 18:19
Regular
I'd like to point out at this stage that I thought the Junctioning System rocked.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.